Pages

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Urban Decay 24/7 Travel-Size Glide-On Eye Pencils Eldorado, Rockstar, Electric, Binge and Corrupt - Review and Swatches


I talked about Binge the other day in another blog and I promised a review on the set so here it is. The top pictures are the swatches which are as follows left to right - Eldorado, Rockstar, Electric, Binge and Corrupt. These can be purchased at Sephora or Shoppers Drug Mart. The cost is $23 Cdn. I believe and they are $19 in the U.S. This is a great deal if you want a variety of colours and/or wish to try out Urban Decay's famous 24/7 eye liners. I actually already own a full sized Electric, but I wanted Eldorado and another brown (Corrupt). I also liked the look of the purple Rockstar. Each pencil is 0.5g or 0.02 US oz. A regular full sized pencil is 1.2g or 0.04 US oz. so these travel-sized pencils are a little less than half the size. If you are like me, you don't wear the super crazy colourful liners every day, so a small size will last you forever. So why get the full sized version for full price unless you want to?

Out of all of these colours, I like Corrupt the least. It is a dirty brown black. It looks like I smeared mud on my eyelid. In my opinion, it is hideous. I don't have much use for this one. Be a nice rich or cool brown, tea kettle or jet black or be nothing, but don't go halfway. The two colours which have the least staying power would be Eldorado and Rockstar. I did find they faded a bit over the course of the day. I actually plan to use Eldorado as an eyeshadow base, not an eyeliner, so I might be fine there. In my mind, there is no contest, Binge and Electric are by far the nicest and have the best staying power. I will use Rockstar though for some every day looks as well. They all glide on super smooth, no tugging, and you can easily apply as little or as much as you would like. Overall, this is great value and great bang for your buck. Eldorado, Electric and Corrupt have a questionable ingredient or two.

Rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment