Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant Pure Vanilla and Vanilla Lavender - Review


I have been using this product for about a year and a half. I have finished two Pure Vanilla sticks and now I am using the Vanilla Lavender one. Its personal preference, but I prefer the Pure Vanilla one out of the two. I really want to try the Vanilla Coconut, but it is always sold out at Sephora whenever I am in there. This product has the seal of being "Naturally Sephora" as it is a natural product with no parabens, no sulfates, no synthetics, no aluminium etc. - you get the picture. I like this product because it works, it smells nice, it moisturizes my underarms and it is natural. I personally prefer not to use aluminium based deodorants often because they are thought not to be the best thing you can apply to your lymph nodes and frankly I rather err on the side of caution.

This product is not cheap. It costs $18 in the U.S. and it's around $22 Canadian. When you can buy a deodorant that works for $4 at the drugstore, I can see why you might tell me I am out of my mind. This product is completely overpriced. I will make no bones about it. That being said, I really like it. It is the only natural deodorant on the market that I have found that really works and lasts all day. I have tried the crystals, the herbal ones, the health food store ones......sigh......its exhausting just thinking about it. Those don't work. One stick of this lasts me several months. They are 57g. Other than the price, the only negative that I can see is if you are going to the gym or have a hot date, you may wish to reapply the product (if you applied it several hours earlier) or maybe reach for one of those $4 drug store numbers just in case. If you start sweating a lot then a reapplication may be necessary. I can count on one hand how many times I would have needed to do that in the last year and a half that I have been using this so it really is not a problem.

As an aside, I have also tried all of the drug store brands of deodorant over the years and if I may put my two cents worth in, I personally prefer Dove or Degree. Lady Speed Stick certainly works, I just find it more drying than the other two. Degree got me through many a "hot date" years ago before I got married and it never failed me. Don't tell my husband I said that.

Rating: 8/10 (points off for price and rare need for reapplication at the gym)

No comments:

Post a Comment