Pages

Thursday 23 February 2012

My Favourite Toner Origins Zero Oil - Review


This review is for the Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner with Saw Palmetto and Mint. Each bottle is 150ml or 5 fl. oz. which is not a lot, but considering how much I like this product, I am willing to let that slide. This is my favourite toner of all time. I only discovered it a year ago. It retails for around $22-$24 Cdn. and is around $19 U.S. I have tried another Origins toner and I was not impressed. It had nothing on this beauty. This particular toner, the Zero Oil, has won beauty awards supposedly. I truly believe that this product along with my Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream has really helped improve my skin drastically over the last couple of years.

According to Origins, "This invigorating, multi-tasking toner formulated with skin-clearing Saw Palmetto, cooling Mint and pore-minimizing Salicylic Acid instantly reduces shine and removes excess oil. Leaves skin with a smooth, matte finish." I have to agree with the description that they have provided. This toner never strips my face of moisture (like some do ahem Clinique 4) and is not alcohol based like a lot of toners are. It clears away oil, the salicylic acid removes dead skin cells and my skin feels soft and refreshed after use. It also is a great makeup remover (not to be used on the eyes though!) when you are in a pinch and pressed for time. My skin never feels tight or dry after I use this and it really has helped clear up my skin. I still get small breakouts once in awhile especially around that special time of the month, but they are greatly reduced thanks to this. I have oily to combination skin. This product has no offensive odour. It really balances my combination areas as far as I am concerned. I think I am on my fourth or fifth bottle and I have no plans to look elsewhere for toner since I have tried almost all of them over the years. This one is a keeper.

Rating: 9/10 (a larger bottle would be better)

No comments:

Post a Comment