Pages

Friday 24 February 2012

Dr. Hauschka Soothing Mask - Review


I got a good sized sample of this as a bonus item in a little box when I purchased my Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream a while back. There is nothing I love more than bonus items when I purchase a cosmetic item that I regularly use. I have used my sample of this a couple of times and there is still a good deal left. I checked Dr. Hauschka's website and was a bit horrified to see that the price of this is $52.95 U.S. Not chump change.

Dr. Hauschka's website says that this product will:

Transform red, irritated skin with this nourishing mask. Nurturing botanicals combine in a dynamic formulation to soothe sensitive skin and balance skin functions, resulting in a calm, even complexion.

  • Calms and balances sensitive, reddened and irritated skin
  • Formulated with quince seed extract and witch hazel hydrosol to help replenish and maintain the skin's moisture content
  • Oils of shea butter, macadamia nut and coconut promote and support healthy cycles of skin renewal
  • Fortifies sensitive skin against harsh elements
  • Used as directed, Soothing Mask lasts approximately 2-3 months

This product is like a white medicinal gel type cream and it goes on clear. So you can easily apply too much if you are not careful. It feels nice on the face and has an odd, yet pleasant smell. The information in the box says you can even wear it under your moisturizer, although I don't know if I would do that. You have to sort of wet it and dab it off, it doesn't peel or turn into mud like most traditional masks. I have used this when my skin was looking kind of red and blotchy a couple of times. That happens to me from time to time. I have to say that the mask worked. My skin was visibly less red by the next morning (I applied it late one night before going to bed). I would say my skin was 80 percent less red the first morning. It was mainly my forehead that was acting up and was feeling irritated. Two mornings later (with no reapplication), my skin was 95 percent less red and not feeling irritated at all.

All of that being said, I find it hard to rate this product but I will do my best. If I were to rate it by strictly judging it on the merit of what it claims to do (calm skin and reduce redness) then I would give it a 9/10 if the price was not in the equation. Since $52.95 U.S is ridiculous in my mind for a mask and it is likely close to $60 Cdn. here, I will give it a 7.5/10. With a mask, I like to see what I am applying and I like to feel cleansed afterwards. I also want something to calm my skin and nip any emerging breakouts in the bud. Since this product is not designed to do all of these things, as an overall mask I would give it 6.5/10.

Rating for Doing What it Claims to: 9/10 (price is crazy - so really 7.5/10 with points off for price)
Rating as an Overall Mask: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment