Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Nicole by OPI Spring Romance - Review


I bought this a little over a year ago. I was sucked in like the fool that I sometimes am. I was feeling giddy like a preteen for some reason and thought this was the prettiest looking nail polish. It was also marked down to $6 I think so that was the clincher. I asked one of my normally sane friends if they thought this was childish. She said no. She was dating a new guy and I think she was in preteen mode too. Foolish, stupid me. The odds were stacked against common logic at that point so I made the purchase.

Do not be sucked in by the playful, shiny, light catching pink hearts and glitter. This is no gem. I actually applied this to my nails one day and went to work. Although there are an abundance of pink hearts in this bottle, actually getting them onto the brush and onto a nail is like pulling teeth. If you can get one or two on per nail, you are doing well. This is kid's nail polish. Not suitable for a grown woman like me. I felt like an utter fool wearing this. 

To top it off (no pun intended), this nail polish chips like crazy. Even though it is clear based, the missing chunks look weird and the first thing to come off is the hearts. Aren't the hearts the whole point???? I must have lost half of the hearts within the first 24-36 hours of wearing this. It also looks like you have a disease or blood spots on your nails from distance when you are wearing this. Not a good look.

I don't know if all of Nicole nail polishes are the same quality as this. The bottle is a neat shape and it sure looks pretty in the bottle on your vanity though. Based on the quality of this nail polish, I am going to assume that Nicole is not a great brand. It is the poor woman's O.P.I. I wish cosmetics companies would realize that one bad apple spoils the bunch in some cases and people will not repurchase their products if they have a negative experience with one. I have no plans to purchase another Nicole polish again. I have better brands in my cupboard.

Rating: 3/10

2 comments:

  1. I have lots of Nicole polish and I think the quality is pretty good. Mind you, I've never tried any with sparkles or hearts. I find the regular polish lasts as good as most others. I always use a top coat though. You should give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have a point Michelle. I will try another one at some point but definately one without hearts or bits of anything in it!

      Delete