Pages

Sunday 25 March 2012

theBalm Shady Lady Eyeshadow Palette Vol. 2 - Review and Swatches


Today I will be reviewing theBalm Shady Lady eyeshadow palette Vol. 2. It contains 9 eyeshadows which weigh 1.89g a piece. Each eyeshadow is bigger than a MAC eyeshadow pan. This retails for $39.50 in the U.S. and $51 in Canada. Nor cheap, but you do get a lot of product for what you are paying for. You can buy it at Sephora here in Canada and some Shoppers Drug Marts as well as some Pharma Plus or Rexall Drug stores stock theBalm products as well. I really like theBalm products, and as I have said before, they don't get enough love. These eyeshadow are super smooth and many of the colours are really nice. The look great on, and with a primer, last all day and still look fabulous. In addition to this palette, I own three of theBalm's single eyeshadows.

In my opinion, Vol. 1 had the best colours. There is also a Vol. 3 which I am not crazy about in terms of the colour combinations. Vol. 1 is hard to get a hold of. I think theBalm's website may be the only place left. The colours are as per the arm swatch above, from left to right, and on the top pic left to right and top to bottom, Caught in the act Courtney, Feisty Felicia, Insane Jane, Bossy Bobbi, Makeout Mary, Just this once Jamie, Mischievous Marisa, Tempting Tara and Devilish Danielle. All of these eyeshadows can be used as liners and shadows with the exception of Just this once Jamie, Mischievous Marisa, Tempting Tara and Devilish Danielle. My favourite colours are Feisty Felicia, Insane Jane, Just this once Jamie and my ultimate favourite is Devilish Danielle. Believe it or not, I like Bossy Bobbi the least and I normally like blue eyeshadow when worn properly. I don't know why, but of all the blue eyeshadow that I own, I am just not crazy about this one. I also find it flies around when you try to apply it. The pigment is pretty decent with these eyeshadows. I really like this palette overall, but personally I think some of the colours could be nicer in this palette. Also, a lot of them don't work together in combination. The ingredients are exceptionally good since theBalm doesn't believe in using a lot of chemicals in their products. It's not a palette that I reach for very often, but it is always close at hand as I wish I did use it more because these are quality eyeshadows.

Rating: 7/10 (colour combinations could have been better)

2 comments:

  1. If you don't mind, where would you get the balm in toronto. I've been dying to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ricquetta! TheBalm was still being sold at Sephora in the Eaton Centre the last time I checked. Sephora also sells theBalm online. Many Pharma Plus stores also sell theBalm if they have a sizeable cosmetics department. The Pharma Plus in First Canadian Place downtown sells theBalm. I also happen to know that a Pharma Plus in Oshawa also sells a wide range of their Products. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete