Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Tarte Lifted Natural Eye Primer with Firmatol - Review


So I have noticed in the last few weeks that a lot of the makeup gurus on the internet have recently discovered this product. I have been using it for pushing 5 months. I kept meaning to do a review/blog on it, but I sat on my bum and now here we are. I feel like I discovered this, but everyone else is beating me to punch. My bad.

I got a rather sizable small tube of this product (2.6 ml) with my Tarte True Blood palette. The palette also came with a couple other goodies, but I will review the whole thing soon enough. If anyone is interested, the Tarte True Blood palette is on sale at sephora.com for an outrageously good price. A lot less than I paid for it :( It is a great palette and overall fantastic deal by the way. I am currently scraping the bottom of my "True Blood" tube and I have already secured a full sized replacement (3.5 ml).

Once again, I digress. For those of you who have no idea what this is, it is essentially and eyeshadow primer and eye firming cream all in one. As I have mentioned before, I don't have any sagginess or lines around my eyes yet (thank heavens) so I can not speak to this product's firming qualities. If it does work though, maybe by using this I am doing preventative maintenance! I use this as an eye shadow primer. It is nice and creamy, glides on smoothly and works all day long. I am talking up to 20 hours and maybe beyond. My eyeshadow stays true looking all day and zero creasing! I have oily lids, so for me to say that is quite something. This product is formulated without parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, synthetic dye and synthetic fragrance. There is not much smell, if any, to this product that I can detect. This product, as you can see, is free of a lot of chemicals that are normally found in a lot of eye primers.

Before I discovered this product, I was using Too Faced Shadow Insurance. That product has a couple of questionable ingredients, but it is a darned sight less scary that what is in Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I find the Too Faced Shadow Insurance is a bit watery sometimes and more goopy to spread on. A tube of that stuff lasts forever. I do find, that sometimes, although my eyeshadow did not crease with this product, that the crease would fade a bit after several hours. I have no issue with that when it comes to the Tarte Lifted product. This product is $20 U.S. and I think around $26 Cdn. Worth every penny and more. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment