Tuesday, 1 July 2014
June 2014 Empties!
Happy Canada Day to all of my Canadian readers!
This past month has been very disappointing in terms of empties. I cannot tell you how many products I am scraping the bottom of, but they just won't die! Maybe that is a good thing, but I like to get rid of the old to make way for the new.
I have 7 empties this month and here they are left to right:
1. Nivea Pure & Natural Body Milk with Organic Argan Oil & Jojoba Oil - This is the second one that I went through over the winter months. I quite liked it. For drug store cream, it's one of the best and the ingredients don't make me too nervous. It kept my skin hydrated and the smell was light and inoffensive. Already repurchased.
2. NARS Lipstick in Damage - A very sheer lipstick, but the formula is excellent and I love the colour on me. I swear there was more product below the rim than above it. I scraped out every last bit. Considering what the lipstick cost, you would too! Already repurchased.
3. Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Conditioner - This was actually a very good product. It is the best of the Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil product line. This made my hair very soft. If you are on a budget and want a "Moroccon Oil" conditioner, this is a good choice. I would consider repurchasing.
4. Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser Refill - This is hands down the best brush cleaner that I have ever used. It's very similar to the MAC one. I have an entire blog review on this on my blog if you are interested. This is the second bottle that I have gone through. I think this product may be discontinued! Ahhhh. Well, I enjoyed it while it lasted. Would repurchase if I could....
5. L'Occitane en Provence Dry Skin Hand Cream - This is the purse size and that is exactly where I keep it. I love it. It may be one of the best hand creams ever...It has a strong smell but I like it. It's very old world. I have a guy friend who would say "it smells like my dead grandmother". By that, he doesn't mean any disrespect and doesn't mean that it smells like a corpse, he means it smells the way his grandmother's perfume dresser used to smell when he was a boy. Depending on your taste, you might love or hate the smell. It's a very solid hand cream though. Will repurchase very soon.
6. Origins Eye Doctor - I used up all of this a few weeks ago. It was the first of my "empties" for June. Since I have a crap load of eye cream around the place, I decided not to rush to repurchase this but instead to use up some of my stash. I am already regretting my decision. The dark circles under my eyes have never looked worse since I stopped using this. Will have to buy more stat.
7. Lush Ultabalm - This stuff is fantastic on all of your dry parts and bits. That sounded a tad rude - sorry! I use to use this on feet all of the time and it works well. There is only one problem. It's greasy as all hell. For that reason, I have stopped buying it for now. I find that the product leaves a greasy stain whenever you accidentally rub up against something where you used this product. It wipes off and isn't long lasting (the stain that is) but it's a pain in the ass. This was my last pot that I had hanging around for ages. It was time to use it up and finish it off.
So there it is! Stay tuned as I have 3 eye shadow palette reviews coming up later in the week and an eye cream to review. I also have an update to give on a product that some of you might find interesting.