Pages

Saturday 26 July 2014

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows in Rockstar, Barcelona Beach and Homecoming - Review and Swatches



I recently purchased 3 new Makeup Geek eyeshadows - Rockstar, Barcelona Beach and Homecoming. In the picture above in the top right hand spot is Rockstar. In the bottom left is Barcelona Beach and the bottom right is Homecoming. Rockstar and Barcelona Beach are new Makeup Geek eyeshadows and Homecoming has been around for awhile.

Rockstar is a very unusual eyeshadow colour. It is described as pale silver with purple iridescence. It is a shimmer, yet there is something very matte about it. To me it is a milky colour with opal shimmer. This is a strange colour for me review and I have mixed feelings about it. I find the colour a bit chunky and chalky. It does smooth out well for the most part. It's not quite the colour I was expecting. I don't think I have been pairing it properly with the right eyeshadows such as oranges and pinks as Marlena from Makeup Geek has suggested. It's the type of colour that you have no idea when to wear it - what clothing would look good with it. Yet, when you have an outfit on and think to yourself that you have no clue what makeup to wear, Rockstar seems to be the answer! So strange. As a result, I ended up wearing this eyeshadow almost every day for two weeks when I was feeling uninspired in the makeup department. I can't say that I love it, but it sure is different and works in a pinch.

Barcelona Beach is described as a medium sand shade with a matte finish. I do like this colour. The quality it excellent. Nice and creamy, easy to blend and very pigmented. I do fear that I have a million dupes for it in my collection, maybe not as good quality, but still. This colour looks nice in the crease especially if you have a shimmery lighter brown on your lid.

Finally, we have Homecoming. I resisted buying this colour for so long. It just looked very unexciting to me. It is described as a medium brown with gold shimmer. Although I somewhat agree with the description, I find it has something purple about it. I wore it the other day for the first time and I kept staring at it in the mirror all throughout the day. It kept looking better as the day went on. It blends like a dream and is super creamy and pigmented. When my husband came home from work he took one look at me (and he seldom comments on my makeup by the way), cocked his head to the side and said "Oh you have a lot of makeup on, looks nice". The funny thing is that I was only wearing Homecoming with some black liquid liner and mascara. I had foundation on too, but that is besides the point. This eyeshadow is multi-dimensional and therefore it looks like you have a lot of different eyeshadow colours on at once when you only have one. Super cool. It reminds me of so many other eyeshadows I own, but with a twist. Also, this one is better quality than most of the dupes I have. Homecoming may end up being in my Top 5 Makeup Geek eyeshadows. Crazy!

Swatch time! Left to right is Rockstar, Barcelona Beach and Homecoming.



I am not going to rate these as I usually do as I have rated so many Makeup Geek (MUG) eyeshadows that this is getting to be a bit redundant. Suffice to say, these area superior quality, they are an excellent price at $5.99 U.S. and if you don't already, you need some of these in your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment