Pages

Monday 14 July 2014

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess The Nudes EyeShadow Palette - Review and Swatches


I picked up this palette on a total whim. I was at the Estee Lauder counter in Sears grabbing my usual foundation when I saw this calling to me. It looked perfect. It reminded me of the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette with 3 extra jazzy shimmer eye shadows. I was a little disappointed with the UD Naked Basics palette so I was hoping Estee Lauder came up with something better. I know the two look similar and I didn't need this palette. Just beat me now.


So in this palette you get 5 neutral shadows and 3 high-impact metallics. You also get a big mirror in the palette and a dual-ended brush. I haven't used the brush yet. One end looks like a denser MAC 239 and the other end is a useless sponge tip applicator. For some reason, in my mind, I thought that the metallics could be used wet or dry. I think I was mistaken. They look like a streaky, hot mess when wet.


The eyeshadows don't have names. Total palette weight is 0.45 oz. or 13g so 1.625g per shadow which is a good size. I believe this palette is $60 U.S. I paid around that in Canadian dollars. Maybe $66??? I will use this palette, because they are neutral shades, I want my money's worth and they are of "ok" quality, but honestly, I wish I hadn't spent the money. This palette is so not worth it. I was thinking that this palette would be good for travel, but I highly doubt I will ever travel with this. It's too bulky and the shadows are fussy to apply when you are in a rush.



 
 
To sum up what I think about this palette, the pigmentation is not great for any of these shadows. I have to apply quite a bit, and keep dipping my brush in there in order to get decent payoff. The best of the metallic shadows is the icy white shade. The gold is too warm and too orange for my personal taste. The purple is nice but the quality isn't up to par. As for the matte nude shades, the middle beige colour is so sad when you apply it. You can barely see it. Give me my MAC or Makeup Geek shadows over this any day! The fourth colour in, the lighter brown shade is kind of a gross brown. It's very warm and just not attractive. Very puke orange. The dark brown would be nice but again the pigmentation is sub par. Here are the swatches:
 
 
 
See, no great shakes! Yawn, sigh...very disappointing.

Packaging: 6/10  (nice, big mirror but palette is too thick for travel) 
Pigmentation: 4/10
Easy to Work With: 4/10
Longevity: 6/10
Colour Stays True: 8/10
Texture: 6.5/10 (some are a little chalky and dry)
Price: 5/10 (for what you get quality wise it's not good)
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 5/10
Attractiveness of Product: 5/10
Would I buy this again? No Way Jose
Overall Rating:  5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment