Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in 20 Classic Ivory - Review and Swatch


I have another drug store item for all of you today. I have a vacation day off work so I took advantage of some natural morning light for my pictures. I got the suggestion to try this powder from one of Makeup Geek's YouTube videos. As this is drug store makeup, I wasn't holding my breath that I would like it, but I actually do! This powder is nice and finely milled and super soft.



I use a big, fluffy brush to apply this. It is easy to work with and glides on easily. What I like most about this product is that is blurs flaws and makes your skin look dewy and fresh for hours. I find that I don't need to reapply throughout the day except maybe to literally powder my nose a little. Some people can wear this on its own, but I am not there yet. I wear this over my foundation and/or cover-up.


I shade I have is Classic Ivory. I didn't bother to use the tester at the store (am I the only one who thinks store testers for makeup are some of the dirtiest things around???) since I recalled from my high school and university days, when I didn't have cash for high end makeup, that I used to be a good match for Classic Ivory. The colour is still a match. The ingredients list is nice and short. There are a couple of questionable ingredients but I guess you can't win them all. I dare say this is likely the best face powder at the drug store. It also doesn't look cakey at any point during the day.


The bottom of the compact has a mirror and a sponge pad. I am quite happy with this addition as this makes this compact great for travel. The packaging is a bit cheap, but it could be worse. This is drug store so I must remember not to be picky. Bad Alexis! I believe I paid around $12 or so Canadian for this at the Superstore. Here are the swatches:

 
 
 
Packaging: 7.5/10  (props for mirror and sponge)
Pigmentation: 9/10 
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10 
Price: 9/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 9.5/10
Would I buy this again? Yes Likely
Overall Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment