Pages

Thursday 24 July 2014

Estee Lauder Bold Volume Lifting Mascara - Review


There are a couple of Estee Lauder mascaras that I really like, but this is not one of them. I got this tube of Estee Lauder Bold Volume Lifting Mascara for free in some gift with purchase promotion. I actually own a few of this exact mascara in a bunch of mini tubes. I love mini mascaras for my purse in general so I never refuse a freebie of this nature. So anyway, I don't like this mascara. It doesn't create much volume, doesn't lift as far as I am concerned whatsoever, and don't even start me on the lengthening properties. Basically, this mascara adds exactly zero length to my lashes.

This has to be Estee Lauder's worst mascara. To me, all this mascara does is darken and gloss up my existing eyelashes. I don't have much to work with in the way of eyelashes to begin with so when I use this you still can barely see my eyelashes. It's almost pointless using this for me.


The brush is fairly traditional with a tapered end. This brush doesn't tend to work well with my short, stubby lashes. It even seems to shrink or constrict them a bit. Not good. It also smudges. This is what I call emergency mascara - you only bust it out when you have no good mascara left that hasn't gone bad!

Packaging: 8/10
Pigmentation: 7/10
Easy to Work With: 0/10
Longevity: 4/10
Texture: 4/10
Price: 1/10 (for what you get)
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smudge Proof: 3/10
Flake and Clump Proof: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10
Would I buy this again? Never did thank God and No would not purchase
Overall Rating: 3.5/10 (I am weighing some categories more heavily than others)

No comments:

Post a Comment