Pages

Saturday 19 July 2014

L'Oreal 24 hr. Infallible Eye Shadow in 996 Liquid Diamond and 892 Amber Rush - Review and Swatch



I reviewed four of these L'Oreal 24 hr. Infallible Eye Shadows a while back in two different blog reviews. I didn't like them and I talked some smack about them. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why anyone liked these. For the most part, I still feel that way. I will concede, however, and say that the colours are not all created equal. When I previously did a review on the four other colours I mentioned that I actually ordered a bunch of these online without ever having tried them. Bonehead move on my part. The shades that everyone was raving about seemed not to be available in Canada, just the U.S. Why is it that Canada always carries the crappy makeup colours when it comes to drug store stuff in their stores??? It ticks me off.



Sorry for the shadow in the above picture. These two colours in particular are only available in the States I believe. Let's start with Liquid Diamond. This eye shadow is really pigmented when swatched and when you apply it to your eyelid. It really pops when you have it on. I did find that the colour faded as the day went on when I wore it. It did not blend well - the edges that is. I would say within 4 to 6 hours it was significantly fading and looking muddy in the crease. I had eye shadow primer on. It's almost like the product starts sliding off of your eye. Not overly impressed with this one. If you are Cinderella and are only going to the ball for 2 hours, you might be ok to give this a go! Maybe if you have drier lids than me it would work better for you than I.

 
 
Liquid Diamond is on the left and Amber Rush is on the right above. On to Amber Rush. I thought I would hate this eye shadow. It is not my typical preferred eye shadow colour. I put it on and it blended quite well. It has very good pigment. I was surprised by how much I liked the look of it with some black liquid liner. As the day wore on, I noticed it wasn't fading. Every couple of hours I snuck a peek at it and nothing. I have worn this colour for over 12 hours and there was no bleeding, no muddiness, no fading, no creasing, no budging. I did use eye shadow primer with this. This is a very pretty colour that may just look good on everyone. It looks like expensive shadow on and it is multi-dimensional. So like I said, these eye shadows are not all created equal.
 
Swatch time! I think you can tell which colour is which. Please ignore the cut on my arm.
 
 



I have two more shades from this line to try out so I will get to that soon.

Packaging: 9/10 (inventive)
Pigmentation: 10/10 (swatched), 4/10 Liquid Diamond (after wear) 10/10 Amber Rush (after wear)
Easy to Work With: 4/10 Liquid Diamond (after wear) 10/10 Amber Rush (after wear)
Longevity: 4/10 Liquid Diamond (after wear) 10/10 Amber Rush (after wear)
Texture: 8/10 both
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 4/10
Travel Worthy: 7/10 (small and convenient minus farting around with that cap and screw lid)
Attractiveness of Product: 2/10 Liquid Diamond (after wear) 10/10 Amber Rush (after wear)
Would I buy this again? Only Amber Rush
Overall Rating: 4/10 Liquid Diamond and 10/10 Amber Rush

No comments:

Post a Comment