Pages

Saturday 5 July 2014

bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Perfect Storm - Review and Swatches


I got this eyeshadow duo from Sephora for free as part of some kind of promotion with an online purchase a few months back The duo, by bareMinerals, is called "The Perfect Storm". When I first looked at the colours I thought that they looked very unexciting and that they might possibly look muddy or unattractive on. I was wrong. Both of these colours are very well pigmented. The white shade called "Cumulus" looks crazy white. It is very white, but when used with the dark grey purple shade "Tempest", they make a formidable duo and the white doesn't looks so "white".


This eyeshadow duo reminds me a lot of Estee Lauder's Pure Color 01 Vanilla Pods duo with the exception that The Perfect Storm is matte and the grey purple colour is darker. I kind of like the shimmer of Vanilla Pods better. Also Vanilla Pods looks more sleek, classic, sophisticated and more expensive. Is that a terrible thing to say???


This duo looks best on if you cap it off with some nice black winged liquid or gel liner and mascara of course. The Perfect Storm blends beautifully. The packaging is cute as usual. bareMinerals does an excellent job of making thin, sleek compacts with huge mirrors in them. Very compact. Very travel friendly. The ingredients are good to so you don't have to worry.



These READY 2.0 duos are $25 Canadian and $20 U.S. The duo is 3g or 0.1 oz. which is a decent amount of shadow. The Perfect Storm duo doesn't appear to be available through Sephora's website. I saw it on bareMinerals website a little white ago but when I checked today, I didn't see it. Maybe they are just out of stock. Perhaps Ulta has it? Okay, here are some swatches:


In the picture above we have Tempest on the left and Cumulus on the right . In the picture below, it is the opposite under two different lights:



 
 
 
Packaging: 10/10  
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 7.5/10 (a little chalky)
Price: 7/10 (you get a lot though for your money)
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10
Would I buy this again? Maybe (but I don't know if I will ever hit pan)
Overall Rating:  9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment