Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

Estee Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Creme SPF 15 - Review


I must have at least half a dozen large samples of this moisturizer kicking around. I used it briefly a few years ago and thought that it was decent stuff. Now, I love my Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream, but it doesn't have SPF in it, which is actually fine with me. I don't think people should be wearing SPF moisturizers 24/7. I recently discovered that I was accidentally wearing an SPF moisturizer to bed...but that is another story which I will share with all of you at a later date.

Anyway, I was out in the sun a bit this summer and I decided I should probably be wearing a moisturizer with SPF in it during the daytime. Normally, I am not much of a sun worshipper so it's not a big deal for me to have SPF everything kicking around. I was going to run out and buy myself some SPF moisturizer when I remembered that I had a huge stash of Estee Lauder DayWear. So I saved myself some coin and cracked open a bottle of this stuff. I have to say that it is very good. It smells a bit of cucumbers and it's a light green colour so if you hate cucumbers, you may not love this.

I am actually not crazy about the smell of cucumbers, but this smell doesn't bug me. It's light and fresh and once it absorbs into your skin, you can't even smell it anymore. I find that the "green" colour helps to camouflage the red blotches on my face and the "green" just blends in with your skin. I also find that this cream really helps to keep my foundation in place and lasting all day long even when I skip the foundation primer. The jars I have are for Normal/Combination skin. You can also get one for Dry skin. The product is moisturizing, perhaps not the greatest in the world, but it does a decent job. My skin feels very soft when I use this. All around it's really good and I will definitely keep some around for when I do hit the sun. I have even used it on days when I didn't hit the sun much. Estee Lauder, you have pleased me once again.

A 1.7 oz. jar is $48.00 U.S. so basically it's likely around $55 Canadian. My samples are 0.5 oz. and up so thank you Estee Lauder, I won't need to shell out for more anytime soon. A little of this goes a long way. This is an award winning cream.

Packaging: 8/10 (glass would give this a 10/10)  
Texture: 9/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 7.5/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Moisturizing: 8/10
Look of Skin: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yes
Overall Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment