Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzing Powder and Pinch My Petals Blush - Review and Swatches


I got this duo in a big set of Too Faced products that I picked up at Sephora several months ago. This was, by far, the happy surprise of the products that I got in the set. On the left is the cult favourite Chocolate Soleil Bronzing Powder and on the right is Pinch My Petals Blush. I love both of these and they look so good together. At first glance, I thought that the bronzer was too dark for me but it isn't. It also smells like chocolate and I hear it tastes like chocolate which I find a bit creepy that someone found that out - but it is what it is.



This is a matte bronzer and I think it could work on a number of skin tones. It applies smoothly and blends well. There isn't much orange in it, if any at all, so that is a plus in my book. This never looks muddy. One of the best bronzers out there - period. The colour of the bronzer is super flattering and would be on most people.

I love the blush. I have been wearing it non-stop for weeks now. It is a light peach with a hint of pink. I like it because it's a bit of a no brainer blush for me for summer. This shade may not show up on medium or darker skin tones. It's the perfect light peach/pink for me.


My only complaint about the blush is that it is a bit gritty and slightly chalky. It has some minor shimmer. However, it applies well and blends easily. The colour is the winner here. I am so happy that I have this duo and this is definitely going with me when I have to travel. You can easily wear this blush and bronzer duo in the winter too if you have a light skin tone. If you are medium, you could wear the bronzer but you may have to layer on the blush. The blush is not super pigmented but that can work to your advantage if you don't have much time in the morning and you just want a quick swipe and buff on of quick colour. You would have to apply a good amount to look like a clown. The mirror in this compact is enormous.


Please see the swatches above. Sorry, my skin looks dry there. Yuck! My apologies. I know Too Faced used to sell Pinch My Petals as part of their permanent line I think but I am not sure that they still have the colour readily available. What a pity. Sephora is still selling the Too Faced set that I bought on their website (and maybe in stores?). Here is the link:

http://www.sephora.com/the-iconic-collection-P374814?skuId=1442763

Bottom line is that the $39 U.S. was a good deal for all of the products that I got. I already did a review of the eyeshadows and the mascara. I guess the gloss is next at some point....

Packaging: 9/10 both  
Pigmentation: 9/10 Chocolate Soleil   6/10 Pinch My Petals  
Easy to Work With: 10/10 Chocolate Soleil   9/10 Pinch My Petals  
Longevity: 9/10 Chocolate Soleil   7.5/10 Pinch My Petals  
Texture: 10/10 Chocolate Soleil   5/10 Pinch My Petals  
Price: 10/10 (given I bought it in an economical set....)
Ingredients: 7.5/10 both
Travel Worthy: 10/10 (for overnight travel and daily purse travel)
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10 Chocolate Soleil   9/10 Pinch My Petals  
Would I buy this again? In a heartbeat 
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 Chocolate Soleil and 8/10 Pinch My Petals


No comments:

Post a Comment