Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadows in Neptune and Wisteria - Review and Swatch


So I am back to my Makeup Geek eyeshadow reviews. I am in the home stretch - only 5 more to try from my collection before the end of the month! Today, we have Neptune on the left and Wisteria on the right. I will cut to the chase. Both of these are gorgeous and work well together. The pigmentation is good, they aren't chalky, they blend well and are easy to work with. They look good on too. These are definitely two of my favourite MUG eyeshadows. I have zero complaints about these two. They are awesome! I wore them today and I will show you the look and a link to the MUG tutorial in a sec. Here are the swatches:



I used a "winter" tutorial for the ELOTD (eye look of the day) even though it's Fall.....but I still think it looked nice. I didn't have the glitter or glitter glue used in this tutorial, so I improvised and I wasn't totally thrilled (I used MAC's Vanilla Pigment) as the look ended up being a bit "gold" looking. I have the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk but I didn't use it. I think Marlena from Makeup Geek used a better choice of products than I did. Here is what I came up with:


Sorry, my brows are looking a tad wild at the moment. Must deal with them. Here is a link to the real look which is better than my version:

http://www.makeupgeek.com/tutorials/winter-nights/

I never said I was a makeup artist, I'm just a makeup addict!

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10 both
Easy to Work With: 10/10 both
Longevity: 9/10 both
Colour Stays True: 9/10 both
Texture: 10/10 both
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 both
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10 both
Would I buy this again? Absolutely Yes to both
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment