Pages

Sunday 22 September 2013

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie in Go Getter - Review and Swatch


I have been meaning to do a review on this lip gloss for months. I can't believe I am just getting to it now. I picked up this bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss in Go Getter back in May on a trip I took to Pennsylvania. I got it in a bareMinerals kit of stuff at Ulta. I believe this is a limited edition colour, but hey, you never know, they may bring it back. Also, I am guessing that the quality of this lip gloss is similar to other shades in the Marvelous Moxie line.

First of all, I love the colour. It's like a peach tropical punch. It goes on like a nude peach and it looks louder swatched than it is on your lips. It is/was a perfect summer lip gloss. Despite the fact that it is a loud peach colour, it's really sheer, so you can wear this with anything. I have worn it alone (looks great like that by the way) or over any shade of lipstick to give it a little kick. It looks especially good over peach, coral and pink lipsticks of course. If your nude lipstick is kind of blah, this lip gloss will perk it right up.



This lip gloss is a bit sticky, but sticky in a good way. Some people hate any form of stickiness in their lip gloss, so if you hate that, you might not like this. I find this product to be long lasting and moisturizing. The packaging is cute. I would definitely buy other lip glosses in this line. The product smells minty and does tingle, but not as much as the Buxom lip glosses do. I like that there is no chemical or plastic smell or taste to these. bareMinerals prides itself on using good ingredients and keeping a lot of chemicals out of their products and for that, I say thank you bareMinerals! Also, the application brush is really nice - it's doe footed as is the cap.

This normally retails for $18 U.S. and $23 Canadian. I got mine in a set as I mentioned before so I got a really good deal overall on everything I bought. The only thing I didn't like about this gloss, and not to be gross, is that I find sometimes you can end up with a lot of built up lip gloss guck on the insides of your lips after wearing it for a while. I keep a tissue handy with me when I wear this and check the mirror every couple of hours. Just saying.....Other than that, I have no complaints about this. It has been in my purse non-stop since July. It's about half gone and I am a bit sad about it.

Packaging: 10/10 
Pigmentation: 7.5/10 (it goes on more sheer than it should) 
How Does it Feel On: 9/10 (moisturizing and tingly) 
Longevity: 8/10 (I would give 10/10 but it goops after a while) 
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Smell and Taste: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yes indeed
Overall Rating: 9/10

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the Go Getter color and I can't find it anywhere. Do you have a recommendation for something close to the shade/color?

    ReplyDelete