Pages

Saturday 7 September 2013

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadows in Poison Ivy and Envy - Review and Swatches


Yes, I am at it again with the Makeup Geek (MUG) eyeshadows. I have to get through all of the ones I have as I have promised you guys a best and worst list before the end of the month. I better get cracking!

For those of you who read my last post, you will know that I have been less then thrilled with the MUG green eyeshadows. Well I have good news. These two - Poison Ivy and Envy redeemed the MUG greens. At long last. These two are gorgeous. Poison Ivy is like golden moss green. This is the perfect colour to blend out Envy. I didn't think I would like it, but I do. I don't have anything like it in my stash. Please see the swathes below. Poison Ivy is on the left and Envy is on the right. Both are extremely well pigmented and my swatches do not do them justice as the flash was used here.




Envy is the perfect dark, midnight green. It looks magical. Both colours are very creamy and are easy to work with. They blend well and you need very little on your brush. These are not at all chalky like some of the MUG eyeshadows are. As you can see, I bought Poison Ivy in the compact because they had ran out of them in the regular refill pan. They are $5.99 each (just the pan, not the compact). Both of these are solid colours. Poison Ivy is supposed to be a near dupe for MAC's Sumptuous Olive. I don't have that MAC eyeshadow so I am afraid that I can't comment on the validity of that. In the swatches below I have Envy on the left and Poison Ivy on the right to give you a better idea of the pigmentation.


 
 
Packaging: 9/10 (compact looks a bit cheap but the pan refill is 10/10 of course)   
Pigmentation: 10/10 both
Easy to Work With: 10/10 both
Longevity: 9/10 both
Colour Stays True: 9/10 both
Texture: 10/10 both
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 both
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10 both
Would I buy this again? Yes to both
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment