Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Lierac Gentle Cleanser Micellar Cleansing Water/Demaquillant Douceur - Review



I've been itching to do a review on this product. I got swindled into buying it and that left a bad taste in my mouth. As it turns out, I ended up really disliking this product so I have to say my beef. Long story short, I went to Rexall Pharma Plus a couple of weeks ago looking for my trusty Klorane Make-Up Remover and they were sold out. I was so not happy. I was completely out and was desperate. As I stood with one hand on my hip, sighing dramatically, a salesperson approached me. I told her I was looking for the Klorane make-up remover and told her that apparently they were sold out. She barely nodded and started pushing this Lierac product on me. I had never heard of this brand.....

She kept thrusting it into my hand telling me it was great and it had won awards and I would love it. I told her I wanted to read the bottle etc. and when I tried to look at the bottle she would grab it from me and read it to me. The woman was annoying as all hell. She kept talking and insisting I try it and rubbed it on my hand. Now that ticks me off. How am I supposed to know how an eye make-up remover works by squeezing it onto the back of my hand???? Come on.

I told the salesperson that I had never heard of this brand and that I was leery to try it. She assured me that it was French and therefore how could I not like it? Again, come on!!! Not everything made in France is good. Sheesh. This woman seriously would not leave me alone until I bought it and promised me $5 off. Now I already had a coupon in my wallet for $5 off anything in the store and lo and behold it turned out to be the same $5 coupon. In other words, big deal, I could have bought anything else and got the same discount. Ahhhhhh. This was also $29 before the coupon. I believe it retails in the U.S. for $24. I needed eye make-up remover badly, so I caved and bought this crap.

Where to start???? The smell of this product is disgusting. I can't even describe it accurately. It's really perfumey and chemically. Are those words? Sickening, the smell is. This is why I like to be left alone to read labels and smell products in peace. Please go away salesperson on commission until I signal for you. Never again will I buy something like this on a whim without smelling it.

The bottle and dispenser are a joke. Eye make-up remover should not be packaged this way. When I use the pump, the product flies all over my bathroom. The product is like a sweet water. It's not thick at all. Even when I literally cover my entire cotton pad over the pump dispenser, some still ends up hitting my palm or flies out of the side. So useless and wasteful!

This product says right on it that it works on face and eyes. If you get any in your eye, you are going to be sorry! It burns like a biatch. I personally find that this product is average at best at removing make-up. You could spend less than 1/3 of the price that I paid for this and get a better eye make-up remover product. I'm sorry, but this stuff is the pits all around. I really regret this purchase.

The only good things I can say about this product are twofold. One, the ingredients don't look bad but the smell is so hideous that I can't help but think that there's something dodgy in there. Second, the product is not drying and leaves your eye skin feeling soft (possibly a tad itchy for a few moments but that goes away fast).

I checked online to see what esteemed award this product won. Couldn't find it. Lierac has won other awards I see but not for this product.....this product should win an award in the Beauty Hall of Shame! Enough of my ranting. Let's get to the meat - my rating.

Packaging: 0/10
Texture: 3/10 (it's like a sweetened water)  
Price: 4/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Smell: 0/10
Easy to Work With: 2/10 (dispenser is useless, product barely average)   
Travel Worthy: 0/10 (not unless you packed some in a separate leak proof container) 
Moisturizing: 6/10
Comfortable/Softening: 7/10
Would I buy this again? NO WAY IN HELL 
Overall Rating: 2.5/10
 
If anyone has tried any other Lierac product and had great results, I would love to hear from you! Surely, all Lierac products can't be this bad.

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    แป้งพัฟ

    ReplyDelete