Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Tiffany D Defining Eyes for Sigma Beauty - Show and Tell and Ingredients!


Hello everyone! I just got the new Tiffany D Defining Eyes for Sigma Beauty palette in the mail tonight. I was so psyched that I couldn't wait to rip it open and I had to show you guys asap. This will only be a show and tell today because, hey, I haven't used it yet. I promise to do swatches as soon as I have used the product. I plan on using this palette all weekend so it will not be long before I do a review, I assure you. I ordered this just over 2 weeks ago. I hee'd and haw'd about whether to buy this for weeks before it was even released. The fact is that I own colours and products just like what is in here. There is nothing earth shattering in this palette, but it does come with a handy dandy guide where Tiffany D explains her best defining eyes looks, tips and tricks.

This product was pre-released nearly two months ago when Tiffany D did a roadshow in Minnesota for a Sigma release party thing for those that could make it to The Mall of America. I believe it was released for online purchase the end of November. I prowled the web like a demon looking for reviews and information. Although I found a lot people saying they loved it and showing the swatches, I didn't feel I got all of the information that I was looking for. I wanted to know how big the products were inside the palette and what the ingredients were etc. So I am going to show you a couple of things where those reviews were lacking. First, this product did come with a free gift, a Sigma eyeliner pencil brush. Good to have.


The ingredients were not half as scary as I was imaging. No parabens! Yeah! There are one or two questionable ingredients here but honestly nothing totally disturbing. I took a picture of the ingredients for you. No one else online seems to have bothered to do it! So I did! Here it is!


Lastly, I wanted to say a couple of things. The eyeliner pencil is smaller than I thought it was once you take the caps off. I imagine if you were to use this palette daily, you would run out in no time. I think I have some dupes though! I will keep you posted and throw that into my review when I do it. Also, the gel eyeliners are tiny!!!!! The two of them together are 3.3g or 0.1 oz. so that is 1.65g or 0.05oz. each! They look much bigger in Tiffany D's videos. MAC's Blacktrack gel liner is 2.5g or 0.08oz. The gel liners are also in the cheapest plastic jars ever! No glass here. I was not impressed with that. This palette is $55 U.S. but I got mine for $49 U.S. with a coupon from Tiffany D's blog. For my American readers, I took the liberty of taking a picture of the palette with a U.S. nickel on top of the gel liner to illustrate my point. I also put MAC's Blacktrack next to them in the picture to drive my point home. The eyeshadows are 1.5g each which is decent. Also you get a dual-sided makeup brush which are Sigma's version of MAC's 219 and 239. I am still totally psyched to try this palette though! Full review coming soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment