Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Sephora Disney Cinderella Midnight Hour Eyeshadow Palette - Review and Swatches


I have a stack of old and new eyeshadow palettes that I am planning to review for you guys, so please bear with me! I thought I better get to this review though today stat because it is limited edition for Christmas and the Holidays I believe so it will be gone off of the shelves at Sephora soon. If you are interested in picking up one of these, act fast!

I have owned a couple of other Sephora makeup products before and was not wowed. This product wowed me. I swatched the colours and my first thought was "wow, this is gorgeous". So I had to have it. Sephora also has a larger eyeshadow palette out right now which is also from the Disney Cinderella collection which contains 20 eyeshadows. I was not impressed with the quality of the bright coloured eyeshadows in that palette and the neutrals were so so and not very exciting. I have read a bunch of reviews online for it and no one seemed blown away so I passed. In case anyone is interested, the large 20 shade palette is called the Storylook Eyeshadow Palette and it retails for $55 U.S. or $66 Canadian.

Okay, on to the topic at hand. So this palette that I am reviewing contains 4 eyeshadows and is called the Midnight Hour Eyeshadow Palette. Each eyeshadow is 1.4g or 0.049 oz. Pretty close to a single MAC eyeshadow. This palette is $30 U.S. and $36 Canadian. I waited to get my end of year V.I.B. $20 off coupon from Sephora before I bought mine so I got it for a really good price. The packaging looks cheap as all hell but to the touch it is pretty solid. The mirror inside says "it's the exit he'll remember". How cute is that?


Yes, I already own a million eyeshadows that are similar in colour to these, but these are really nice and good quality. They are super soft and are a bit crumbly, but I personally did not have any fallout issues. The pigmentation is phenomenal. They blend like a dream. The colours stay true and last forever. The combination of colours is excellent. This would be great for a New Years' look. If you are in the market for a really nice small eyeshadow palette this Christmas, this is a good bet. The individual eyeshadows do not have names but the swatches are below. Aren't they beautiful? What Christmas and Holiday palettes are you buying this year?


Rating: 9/10 (I think for a "Sephora" product they should be at a lower price point)

1 comment:

  1. Baaah darn Uk doesn't have a sephora, I absolutely love the look of this palette and every review I read says the pigmentation is phenomenal which you just wouldn't expect!

    ReplyDelete