Pages

Saturday 1 December 2012

Estee Lauder Art of Eyes Subtle Smoky Set - Review and Swatches


I have been using Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light foundation for the past several months. Review is coming soon, I promise. Since I have been liking that foundation so much, I was itching to try the concealer. I am always in the market for a decent concealer. I saw this set on the Sears website and thought this looked like a good deal. I think it is out for Christmas, but maybe they have had it awhile, I am not sure. The cost is $42.50 Canadian. Considering that the mascara is $25 Canadian on its own (and this is a full sized tube) and the concealer is $26 Canadian on its own as well, this is a pretty snappy bargain. I am not sure if the concealer is full sized though - it is 0.06 fl. oz. or 1.9 ml. I also think the eye pencil is not full size.

In this set you get a cute, bright small makeup bag, Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara, Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in 01 Onyx, Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer 02 Light Medium and a Pure Color Eyeshadow Compact with 5 of their regular line eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are 60 Sugar Biscuit in Satin, 64 Newport Blue in Matte, 62 Intense Violet in Matte, 35 Hot Cinnamon in Shimmer and 13 Tranquil Moon in Satin.

The eyeshadows are very nice. I don't have many Estee Lauder eye shadows so this was nice to have. The total net weight of the eyeshadows are 4g or 0.14 oz. which isn't too shabby. I think the Hot Cinnamon is the best colour followed by Newport Blue and Intense Violet. Sugar Biscuit is not very pigmented and you hardly get any Tranquil Moon in this compact. Tranquil Moon is my least favourite colour in here, so it all works out. The swatches below are left to right 60 Sugar Biscuit Satin, 35 Hot Cinnamon Shimmer, 13 Tranquil Moon Satin, 64 Newport Blue Matte and 62 Intense Violet Matte.


These eyeshadows are not the most pigmented in the world, but they are nice, subtle colours. Hence the name of this set I suppose, "Subtle Smoky". There is also a card in the box which gives you a link to Estee Lauder's You Tube page which gives you a tutorial on doing a smoky eye with this kit. I warn you, I watched it and it keeps freezing. I actually think I can do a better look with these colours than the video, but that's just my lowly opinion.

I will update this blog post soon with a proper review of all of the products in this set. I have used all of them once, but I really feel I need to road test them before I can pass judgement. I will say though that something I wore did smudge badly. I suspect it is the eye pencil, as I already own one and I have had smudging issues with it in the past which I why I never wear it. If it is the mascara, and it says "zero-smudge" I will not be impressed. The concealer seems good, but like I said, I need to road test it.

All in all, I think this is a great value if you are thinking of acquiring some Estee Lauder gems or if you are looking for a Christmas gift for your friends or family.

If you haven't already done so, enter my blog giveaway!!! Contest closes December 9th! Here's the link:

http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2012/11/contest-time-big-eos-disney-alice-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment