Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

EOS Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry - Review



I got some free samples of this a couple of weeks ago, so I tried it out. I got the Pomegranate Raspberry scent. It is not overpowering and is really pleasant. I quite like eos products in general, so I was not surprised that I like this product too. Goodbye aerosol can! This is like a cream that you spread on. It says you can use it wet or dry. I only tried using it wet. I was too scared to try it dry, but it probably works just fine. It makes your legs very soft and smooth. Since it is full on pants season right now here in Canada, I have been neglectful about shaving lately. So I needed a really good shave and this product did the trick. You probably don't need to apply lotion afterwards, but I did because I am anal like that.

I copied this word for word from the eos website:

  • So moisturizing, you can shave wet or dry, leaving skin soft and smooth.
  • Non-foaming cream enriched with natural aloe, oat, and shea butter soothes while boosting skin's moisture level.
  •  Antioxidant vitamins E & C help skin look radiantly healthy.
  • Comes in a soft-touch recyclable bottle that won't leave a rust ring in your tub.
      
A  delightful shave starts with deep, long-lasting moisture. Rich, non-foaming eos shave cream is packed with natural conditioning oils, shea butter and antioxidant vitamins E and C to provide 24 hours of ultra-soothing moisture. It’s so moisturizing, you can shave wet or dry. Plus, it’s enriched with skin protectants to help prevent nicks and razor bumps.
  • 24 hours of deep moisture
  • Natural shea butter and aloe
  • Nourishes and softens skin
  • Paraben-free
  • Phthalate-free

There are three other scents - Lavender Jasmine, Vanilla Bliss and Sensitive - Fragrance Free. The ingredients look pretty good (better than the shave gel they peddle at the drug store usually), however, the product does contain at least one preservative that I see and propylene glycol. That being said, propylene glycol is practically the last ingredient so it can't contain much. I would definitely purchase this and use it. I confess I went back to plain old soap to shave my legs years ago (not so good I know) but I think if I am in need of a good shave, I would use this. It smells great and the scent lingers! In the U.S. I believe it is $3.49 but I swear I saw it in Shoppers Drug Mart for $6.99 Canadian a couple of months back. Insane! I'll get it when it goes on sale. I am tempted to try the other scents.

Rating: 9/10 (if it is $6.99 Canadian, that is getting a little crazy)

Speaking of EOS, don't forget to enter my giveaway which ends on Sunday!

http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2012/11/contest-time-big-eos-disney-alice-in.html


No comments:

Post a Comment