Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

What I bought at the Sephora V.I.B. Sale!


I showed great restraint this year and only bought 3 things at the Sephora V.I.B. sale. Part of the reason for my restraint was that I knew I was off to the States the following week after the sale and with the price point difference, the exchange rate and tax differences, the savings I get at Sephora when I buy things in the States is pretty much equivalent to the Sephora V.I.B. sale in Canada. Scary right?

Ok, on to the goods. I bought two of the Formula X nail polishes in Thrilling and Meteoric. I saw Tiffany D wearing these two colours in one of her videos and I was in love....had to have them. Also, I had been looking for a great grey nail polish for many moons.


As soon as I do my nails with these, I promise share  a pic with all of you.


The main thing I got was the Tarte of Giving holiday palette/extravaganza. The moment I saw this in Sephora, I was in heaven. Had to have it. I could see right away that this was the holiday palette deal of the year. The funny thing is that I just watched Makeup Geek's Holiday Palette reviews tonight and she declared this one to be the winner this year in her estimation. I would have to agree. I have bought a few other holiday palettes and I have to say there are some good ones this year, but this is probably the best one.


I will try to post a Top 3 Holiday Palette list soon. I better get my butt in gear! Anyway, the Tarte of Giving comes with 8 lip glosses in an assortment of colours. I have already started using one and I was very impressed with the texture, look and longevity. As well you get 18 gorgeous eyeshadows in a thin palette that you could easily travel with and you wouldn't need to take any other eyeshadows with you on a trip.

 


If that weren't enough you also get the Tarte cheek stain in Flush, a Amazonian Clay Blush in Memorable, a mascara in Lights, Camera, Lashes, Maracuja C-brightener Eye Treatment and finally a bottle of Pure Maracuja Oil. Wow, that is value for you. I just checked Sephora's website and they are sold out! If you can get your hands on this somehow, someway, do it!
 


This set is $59 U.S. and was a $71 Canadian. I am glad I got the 20% off at the sale. To top it all off, all of this makeup up came in a gorgeous makeup travel case with a door hook and everything. Love it! I have never been disappointed with a Tarte Holiday Palette or in general large palette of goodies from them. They make the best large palettes and they are mega values. I just saw my Tarte Jewelry Box from a few years back on sale on Amazon for $172! Holy crap. I think I paid around $70 for mine in Sephora at the time.

On a final note, total tangent having nothing to do with makeup, I am totally heart broken about the recent death of Paul Walker. Anyone who knows me, knows that he was my #1 crush for the last 12 years plus. He was my back up plan in case things with my husband didn't work out. Okay, just kidding about that, I am not planning to trade in my husband anytime soon. It's just so sad - he did so much charity work and seemed like a genuinely nice person. It's left me with a heavy heart the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment