Pages

Saturday 28 December 2013

Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk - Review and Swatch



I had a request from one of my readers, Cansu, for this review. Sorry it took me so long, Cansu! I actually got this mini lip gloss several months ago in a set of Too Faced products that I purchased from Sephora. Cansu told me she really liked this lip gloss and encouraged me to try it. So I finally busted my unopened gloss out. I have the colour Pillow Talk which is described as a Mauve Shimmer. I don't see anything mauve about Pillow Talk, but it is a very nice nude which I think would suit anyone. It has some shimmer in it and it's quite attractive.

One of the things that I like most about this lip gloss is that it is not "goopy" like some lip glosses are. It goes on and stays on until you eat, drink or take it off in some way, shape or form. The smell of this gloss is quite unique. It smells to me like Vanilla, Cinnamon and cough syrup. I asked my husband to weigh in and he can only smell the Cinnamon. Whatever the smell is, the smells dissipates really quickly so it doesn't stick around for you to love it or hate it which is probably for the best. I love that this lip gloss is very comfortable to wear and it is moisturizing. It is minty and tingles when you first apply it. The "Lip Injection Comfort Plump" does not hurt or feel uncomfortable like some other plumpers out there do. I personally do not need a lip plumper, but I know having one is a plus for many people.

Here is a swatch:


I don't see any mauve, do you? I would definitely be interested in trying more colours in this product line, especially the darker ones. These lip glosses are $19 U.S. A regular full-sized tube is 3.6 ml or 0.12 oz. The mini I have is almost full sized at 2.9 ml or 0.10 oz. Here is a picture of it on my bare lips:




This particular colour, Pillow Talk, works on top of any lipstick too if you want to gloss up a matte lipstick or whatever. Sephora doesn't appear to sell these Too Faced Glamour Glosses online. Too Faced's website has them in all 12 shades.

Packaging: 10/10  (cute and compact - love the doe foot wand)
Pigmentation: 7.5/10 (the colour I have doesn't match the description)  
How Does it Feel On: 10/10 (moisturizing and tingly) 
Longevity: 10/10  
Texture: 10/10
Price: 9/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Smell and Taste: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Yes!!!
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment