Pages

Saturday 14 December 2013

My Top 3 Holiday 2013 Palettes!



This blog post is starting to get a bit late in the Holiday 2013 season, but I know a lot of you still have some shopping to do, so hopefully I will give you an idea or two! Here are my top 3 palettes that I have for Holiday 2013. I have bought quite a few and have swatched my little heart in many a Sephora store over the last month and a half. Without further ado, here they are in order:



1. Tarte - The Tarte of Giving

This Collector's set is sold out online at Sephora. Some Sephora stores still have them, but you will have to hunt. This is the belle of the Holiday Makeup Ball this year. I snapped mine up during the Sephora V.I.B. sale several weeks ago. This was $59 U.S. and close to $70 Canadian I believe. Even though I scored 20% off, it would have been worth full price. It comes in a handy, pretty travel case and includes:

  • 20 x .07 oz Limited-Edition Amazonian Clay Eye Shadows
  • 8 x .059 oz Deluxe Maracuja Lipglosses
  • 0.23 oz Deluxe Pure Maracuja Oil
  • 0.08 oz Deluxe Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment
  • 0.05 oz Deluxe Limited-Edition Amazonian 12-Hour Clay Blush in Memorable
  • 0.17 oz Deluxe Cheek Stain in Flush
  • 0.16 oz Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-In-1 Mascara
  • Travel Makeup Bag

  • Although I have not yet tried every single item in this set, I can tell you so far I am very impressed. This is value for your money. I would say this is the "Best Value" of the Holiday Palettes this year. It also has the "Best Variety" of products. Tarte is a more "natural" product line too which makes me happy. You can not go wrong if you buy this set for yourself or for a really good friend. The eyeshadows do look best with an eyeshadow base under them as an FYI.

    Although I haven't done a full review of this palette, I posted a bunch of pictures of what you get with this set in an earlier haul post:

    http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2013/12/what-i-bought-at-sephora-vib-sale.html


    2. Too Faced - A Few of My Favorite Things



    Sephora is sold out of this one too online! I have seen a bunch though still in a few stores but I would run, not walk to Sephora if you really want this baby. This set is $56 U.S. I would say that this is the "Best Surprise" palette/set and "Excellent Quality" palette choice of the season.


    You get 20 fabulous eyeshadows in this palette. The palette has some mattes and a lot of neutrals so it makes it an all purpose palette. You don't have to whip out other eyeshadows to put together looks. In addition to the neutral colours, there are some fun, unique eyeshadows colours. The names of them are so cute too! They are named from items in the Christmas song of the same name. The quality of these eyeshadows overall is excellent with a couple of exceptions. You also get two blushes and two bronzers. The bronzers are fantastic and the blushes are very nice as well. If that weren't enough, you also get a mascara and a lip injection. A little booklet with some makeup looks is also included.

    The packaging is very slim and comes in a nice bag. I would travel with this! This would make an awesome gift. Needless to say, I am keeping mine for myself!

    3. Anastasia Beverly Hills - Lavish Kit


    I would call this my "Best Little Palette", "Can't Go Wrong" and "Overall Eye Palette Package" set. It's $38 which is very reasonable. You get 10 eyeshadows, a dual-ended makeup brush, a tweezer, brow pencil and an eyeliner. In addition, you get a full instruction manual on creating some amazing eye looks. This may be the easiest palette of my 3 picks to find, but alas Sephora is also already sold out online. Good Luck everyone and happy shopping!

    2 comments:

    1. The too faced palette looks gorgeous. The Anastasia palette look really interesting shade wise.

      ReplyDelete