Pages

Sunday 8 December 2013

Urban Decay Anarachy Face Case - Review and Swatches


A bought the Urban Decay Anarchy Face Case palette several weeks ago. I really like the brand Urban Decay (UD) and it is rare to get a set or palette like this. UD doesn't really have much in their line in the way of blush, so to get two and a highlighter from them is a treat. This palette is $49 Canadian or $44 U.S. You get 5 eyeshadows, two blushes, a highlighter, an eyeliner and a lip colour.


This palette has two compartments. An upper and a lower compartment. The upper compartment has the 5 eyeshadows, the lip colour and the eyeliner. The eyeshadows are left to right here: Redemption, Fray, Vaporize, Provocateur and Revolt. Redemption, Vaporize and Revolt are all very nice and are well pigmented. Revolt, the bright metallic silver is especially pigmented. There aren't too many silvers on the market as vibrant as this one. Fray, the one matte colour, is dreadful. Sorry, but it is. It has nearly zero pigment and it doesn't look that great on in my opinion. I doubt many people could get this colour to look good unless they layered something bright beneath it or over it. Provocateur is nice. It does look better layered on top of another eyeshadow. I have used it over Fray is it doesn't look bad that way. Here are the swatches:

 
 
I have to say that I now own two UD Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color lip products and they are fantastic. I own the one from this palette and the one from the UD Wizard of Oz palette. The quality of these lip products are amazing. The one in this palette is called Scandal. I love red lipsticks and many bright lipsticks, but this one is a bit loud even for my taste. Not for the faint of  heart. I suggest wearing a more neutral colour or gloss over it, but do whatever you like. Swatch is a couple of pictures below....
 
The eyeliner is the 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion. I have always aspired to own this eyeliner but haven't until now. Part of the reason that I bought this palette was to finally get this eyeliner. I must say that this eyeliner is awesome. This is one of the best black pencil liners on the market. It's really vibrant and lasts for ages. I have removed it late at night after a full day and it still looks sharp and reasonably fresh. Can't say enough about how great it is.
 
 
 
The lower or bottom compartment contains the lip colour again (it drops down to the lower compartment) along with the blushes in Fetish and Quickie. I love Fetish. It is a really nice nude mauve but there is something special about it. It looks good on me anyway. Quickie is quite bright and is also a solid colour. Both of these blushes blend really well and are good quality. The blushes are definitely one of the highlights of the palette. The highlighter, which doesn't appear to have a name, is very pigmented and blends well. It is on the yellow side, both in the pan and on the face. It too is good quality but I don't like the colour so much for me. I can make it work though.  Here are some more swatches:
 

Scandal is on the far left followed by Perversion, Fetish, Quickie and the  highlighter. I bought this case for 4 main reasons.

1) I wanted Perversion
2) I wanted to try out UD's blushes
3) I just like the word "Anarchy" (although I don't believe in it) and "The Sons of Anarchy"
4) It looked like an all in one handy travel palette

$49 Canadian is not bad for this palette, but it isn't good either when I think of what some of the other brands brought out for Christmas for near that dollar mark. I will use 4 of the eyeshadows but really you need to use some other eyeshadows in your collection to pull most looks together with the ones in this palette. If you were going to buy this palette just for the eyeshadows, I would suggest saving your money. Some of the eyeshadows are a bit crumbly too and have fall out issues as well.

I think most people will find Scandal to be a bit wild. If you need some good silver and grey eyeshadows, and are interested in trying some UD blushes as well as getting Perversion, this may be a good purchase for you. I think the packaging is neat and compact. The plastic case though feels a bit cheap. I just wish that I could use this for travel and pack little other makeup, but that is not a reality with this palette I am afraid. Most of the products in this palette though are very good quality though. I would love to swap out Fray, Scandal and the highlighter for other colours.

Packaging: 8.5/10    
Pigmentation: 8.5/10 (Fray is 1/10)
Easy to Work With: 8.5/10
Longevity: 9/10 (Perversion is 10/10)
Colour Stays True: 9/10
Texture: 7/10 (the blushes are 8.5/10)
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10
Overall Rating: 8/10
Would I buy this again? One is good enough for me
 


No comments:

Post a Comment