Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2013

theBalm Hot Mama! Shadow/Blush - Review and Swatch


Okay, here we are finally and today I am going to do a review on theBalm's Hot Mama! blush. As I mentioned in my last post, a few weeks ago I ordered three blushes by theBalm off of the Hautelook website. They were about $10 each. This blush is a golden coral pink. It's more coral than pink. It reminds me a bit of NARS' Orgasm in the sense that Hot Mama! could be Orgasm's spicy tropical cousin. It has the shame shimmer sort of and it has a few colours going on there depending on what light you are looking at it under.



I was expecting to like it the least of the three that I bought. In actuality, I think I may like this the most of the three. Since it is summer here, this colour is perfect to go with a tan. There is a nice large mirror in the compact and it is in a cardboard type of box which suits me fine. The ingredient list is very small which is the way it should be! You get 7.08g or 0.25 oz. of product which is a good deal but is smaller than theBalm's Down Boy blush. Strange. The packaging is cute as heck and reminds me of a 1950s Elvis movie. It's very compact and travel friendly.


 

The formula is creamy and silky. It blends well and goes on easily. It's buildable and you can use as little or as much as you like. This colour would look awesome on someone with medium to darker skin tones. A redhead could totally rock this colour too. It lasts throughout most, if not all, of the day.



In some ways, Hot Mama! also reminds me a little of Benefit Cosmetics Coralista. That being said, Hot Mama! is darker, more intense and more coral pink. I think Coralista might be more wearable for my colouring, but both are solid buys if you are into summer themed coral blush at all.

Above, I have Coralista on the left and Hot Mama! on the right.

Packaging: 10/10 (adorable, compact and environmentally friendly)  
Pigmentation: 9.5/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Texture: 9.5/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 (for overnight travel and daily purse travel)
Attractiveness of Product: 9.5/10
Would I buy this again? Yes (but it is so big I likely will never have to)
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment