Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Creme Beauty Balm - Review


This product was getting great reviews online and I was curious. My hair is a rat's nest on a good day so if I like a hair product, it's usually pretty awesome stuff. Please take what I say about any hair product with a large grain of salt because I am fussy and hard to please when it comes to hair products. What works for you will likely do nothing for me and what works for me may be a disaster for you. I have naturally curly, frizzy hair. It can be tamed to be wavy or straight, but that takes work my friends.

I had some rewards dollars at a drug store so I got two of these for free. Why did I buy two??? Good question. I didn't know what else to get and I had enough rewards dollars for two and a couple of small things.

So this stuff is supposed to be some type of miracle worker. It's a 10 in 1 beauty balm hair cream. It looks like sticky hand lotion. When you apply it, it acts like sticky hand lotion would in your hair. It can be applied to wet or dry hair. I have tried both and it works a bit better in wet hair. It absorbs easily in wet hair and keeps your hair somewhat under control. I still got the frizzies after I used this and then blow dried my hair. By the way, it has been super humid where I live for the past few weeks when I started using this. This may work better in dry climates.

I have applied this to bone dry hair and it does still absorb, but your hair can look a bit greasy at first....like you put hand lotion in your hair. When it dries, my hair is a bit more tame, but I still have a touch of the frizzies. Also, when I touch my hair, it feels like I put hand lotion in it....even when it has fully absorbed. I really don't like how it feels. Sometimes it leaves my hair with strange kinks in it. Use too little and this does nothing. Use too much and you might look like a snake's head at least until it has fully absorbed.

If you have straight or slightly wavy hair, you may love this stuff but I wouldn't recommend it for those of you with curly hair like myself. If you are in a rush and are in a pinch, I have, and might still, reach for this. It's quick to grab and apply and it works better than nothing but it is not ideal for me. It does work well on random bits of fly-away hair. Let's go through what this product claims to do and make a checklist. Maybe I will find that this product is better than I thought.

1. Repair for Rough Hair (that's me) - sort of 6/10
2. Strength Against Damage - not sure 7/10 (guesstimate)
3. Silky Softness - a little with a lotion like texture 7/10
4. Brilliant Shine - ok you have me there 8/10
5. Smoothing - 6/10
6. Moisture - 6/10
7. Frizz Control - hahahahahaha 4/10
8. Heat Protection - not sure 7/10
9. Manageability - 6/10
10. Tamed Fly-Aways - 8/10

One bottle is 151 ml or 5.1 fl. oz. It has a pump attached to it. I think this product might have been better if instead of being lotion like it was more balm like or came in a clear gel consistency. Just my two cents. Oh by the way, the smell is pretty strong at first but it goes away. It smells like 100 bottles of Pantene conditioner.

Since I already did some ratings above, I will do an overall rating - 6/10 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment