Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

bareMinerals Deep Cleansing Foam - Review


Here is another item which has been on my list of ho hum products that I have been using for the past month or so. Someone in the online beauty community recommended this product a while back and I was eager to try it. It gets great reviews on Sephora. So I bought this as part of a Sephora haul that I did a couple of months back. I have been using it fairly regularly for the pat 6 or 7 weeks. Where to start?

Well, first of all, it has a little of what I call a "hippie" scent. It's a bit herbal for my taste but after using this a few times you get used to it. You seriously only need a pea sized amount. Any more and this will not lather or do anything. I find it "soaps" but I wouldn't say it foams or lathers a great deal which is disappointing since this is called a foam. My skin feels refreshed and soft after I use it - never dry. However, I don't think it deep cleans worth a damn. After I use it, if I run makeup remover or toner over my face with a cotton ball, I am shocked by what still comes off of my face. Also, I find it does nothing for redness on my face and it sure doesn't clean my pores or diminish my blemishes in any way, shape or form.

It is very gentle though. I need that at the moment as I am still dealing with the allergic reaction that I had on my lips awhile back. It's almost gone, but the skin around my mouth is very sensitive and this product doesn't seem to irritate me at all.

So there you have it. It's $25 Canadian and $20 U.S. I don't think I will repurchase this but I also think that the tube will last me a long time. It's 119g or 4.2 oz. and like I said, you only need a tiny amount each time you use it.

Packaging: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 6/10 (it's tricky to get the right amount to use)
Scent: 3/10
Texture: 6/10
Removal of Dirt, Makeup: 2/10
Blemish Blasting: 2/10
Softening: 8.5/10
Refreshing: 8/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Unlikely    
Overall Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment