Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Cream Bare Escentuals in Creamsicle - Review and Swatch


As I mentioned in a previous post, I am currently in the midst of reviewing a lot of ho hum products. I neither love them nor hate them. This is one of them. This was my first Buxom purchase. Normally, I am super picky about lip gloss and I hate 95% of the lip gloss out there, so when you read one of my reviews on lip gloss, please take it with a grain of salt if you are not as picky as I am.

I bought this lip gloss for one reason only - the colour. I came across a similar colour last year when I had someone do my makeup when I left a spa. I loved that colour but hated the product. It made my lips burn as many "plumpers" do. The fact that this product is also a "plumper" did not amuse me. I have pouty lips to begin with so I don't need a plumper in my lip gloss.

The sales girl at Sephora assured me that Buxom lip products don't have the "burn" that I complain of. She said she has the same issue and this one is fine for her. I have used this gloss several times now. It is super minty and tingly. It doesn't burn but it tingles on my lips way too much for my liking. It's like having a bunch of cinnamon hearts explode on your lips at the same time. It's really too much for me and it takes 30 minutes or more to tame itself down. All I can think about is how weird my lips feel when I am wearing a full coat of it. It's really distracting! All I can suggest is to dab the smallest amount in the centre of your lips over lipstick to keep this tingling to a minimum but still get a nice effect.

I love the colour when it is swatched. I can't find anything else like it on the market. However, once you smooth it out onto your lips, the colour washes out. The pigmentation is really poor. It ends up looking like a nice, fresh, nude, summer gloss. It looks really nice over orange or coral lipstick though. You can wear it over pink too and it really makes the lipstick colour pop. Here is the swatch. I wish you could see how vibrant and coral the colour is but alas my camera could not do it justice. Pity the colour fades instantly once on your lips.




Buxom describes the colour as "peach sorbet" and I concur that seems accurate. The product is moisturizing. I love the packaging. Looks very cool to me. This lip gloss, or cream ahem is $19 U.S. or $23 Canadian. It has a vanilla smell which dissipates as soon as you apply. As you can see, there are some pros and cons to this product. I will use mine and use it up this summer but I will only use a tiny bit each time.

Packaging: 8/10 (big and bulky in size but looks really cool)
Pigmentation: 3/10
How Does it Feel On: 3/10 (moisturizing but tingles overboard)
Longevity: 3/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 6/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10 (10/10 if the pigmentation wasn't so poor)
Would I buy this again? Not Sure    
Overall Rating: 6/10 (the poor pigmentation and hyper tingly effect really drag the score down)

No comments:

Post a Comment