Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

theBalm DownBoy Shadow/Blush - Review and Swatch


Sorry everyone! I feel like I have been missing in action a lot lately! A few weeks ago I ordered three blushes by theBalm off of the Hautelook website. They were about $10 each! What a steal! Needless to say, I couldn't resist a bargain like that. I love most of theBalm's products so I pounced on this opportunity to add some more of their products to my collection at rock bottom prices. Although I have tried all three blushes now, I am going to start with my review of DownBoy.

This blush is a peachy pink red. That doesn't sound like it makes much sense does it? Basically it is a true pink blush which is on the warm side. I was expecting it to be more cooler toned. Nevertheless, it is a very pretty colour. I must confess that I haven't been wearing it much lately because it seems a bit more of a winter blush choice for me. I have a little tan at the moment so although I can still wear it now, I just find that I am not gravitating towards grabbing it in the mornings.

I am going to show you the product in a couple of different lights today - with and without the flash.




There is a nice large mirror in the compact and it is in a cardboard type of box which suits me fine. The ingredient list is very small which is the way it should be! You get 9.9g or 0.35 oz. of product which is an awesome deal for $21 regular price. The packaging is adorable as most of theBalm's stuff is. It's very compact and travel friendly. Here are a couple of swatches in different lights and with both my arm and my fingertip to show you the colour. Wow, the first shot is not very flattering of my arm! Oh and I am not giving you the finger or making a rude gesture, I swear!


 
 
 

The formula is creamy. It blends well and goes on easily. It is the most chalky of the three I bought but only slightly so. It lasts throughout most, if not all, of the day. It is not as long lasting as the Tarte blushes but no one else makes blushes that good!

I hope this has been helpful for all of you. The other two blushes I bought will be reviewed over the next couple of days.

I have a bunch of palettes to review for you again, so stay tuned!

Packaging: 10/10 (adorable, compact and environmentally friendly)  
Pigmentation: 8.5/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 (for overnight travel and daily purse travel)
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Yes (but it is so big I likely will never have to)
Overall Rating: 9/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment