Pages

Thursday 27 June 2013

theBalm CabanaBoy Shadow/Blush - Review and Swatch


Are you guys sick of me reviewing theBalm blushes yet? I hope not, because they are really nice! So this is the final blush in my 3 blush theBalm installment. Where to start? I LOVE the packaging. I mean how cute is that? I love the name too. It makes me think of a 1950s summer by the pool with umbrella drinks and hot guys. Hope my husband doesn't read this. Oh and the blush is pretty neat too!


The blush is described as a dusty rose which I think is semi-accurate. To me, this is the darkest "dusty" rose I have ever seen. To me it is a pinky red plum. You have to apply this lightly as it is quite pigmented and it may overpower your face. I am a bit in between my natural skin tone and a tan at the moment. To me, this would look good on me in winter if applied sparingly, and it also would work if I had a nice tan. Since I am in between, I don't feel that my skin tone can do this blush justice at the moment. It is a very unusual blush colour to me. It has a subtle shimmer. The formula is so smooth and silky, it is insane.

Once again, there is a nice large mirror in the compact and it is in a cardboard type of box which suits me fine. The ingredient list is very small. You get 8.5g or 0.3 oz. of product which is a good deal. It mystifies me why every single theBalm blush is a different net weight. Bizarre. It's very compact and travel friendly.



Here's the swatch above. This blush blends well and goes on easily. It's buildable but I highly doubt you will need to build this puppy. This colour would look great on almost every skin tone under the right conditions. It lasts throughout most, if not all, of the day.
 
 
 
 
So there it is! As I mentioned in previous posts paid $10 for this normally $21 blush on Hautelook. A steal and a half. I am so very happy with all three blushes.
 
Packaging: 10/10 (adorable, compact and environmentally friendly)  
Pigmentation: 9.5/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Texture: 9.5/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 (for overnight travel and daily purse travel)
Attractiveness of Product: 9.5/10
Would I buy this again? Yes (but it is so big I likely will never have to)
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment