Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Review

This blog post is way overdue. Eyeshadow primer is one of the staples of any makeup bag. Without it, I am lost. Let me start off by saying that my personal favourite eyeshadow primer is made by Tarte. This Too Faced one is the one I reach for when am in a rush and can't locate my Tarte one or if I am only doing my makeup for a few hours of going out. This does work and it works well for the most part. My only complaint about it is after several hours of wear, I find my eyeshadow looks faded, bordering on transparent in my crease. There are no creases though! Since this is not ideal, this eyeshadow primer is hence, not my favourite. I don't have the faded crease issues with my Tarte primers, even after 10 plus hours of wear. I would say this product works up to 6 hours well but after that it is slowly downhill as the fading starts. This tube lasts forever. I have had it for a long time and I have barely used any of it. The product is a nude skin colour and blends into your own skin colour nicely. It does occasionally squirt some watery substance out with the product (separation of the product I presume) so be warned! It is $18 U.S. and $24 Canadian.

Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment