Pages

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach - Review and Swatch


I bought this product a little while ago as the Pixiwoo girls have been using this in some of their tutorials and they seemed quite pleased with it. I am eternally plagued with dark circles under my eyes and I cannot escape them. I have what I like to think of as the triple dark under eye curse - the triple threat if will: genetic tendency, don't sleep enough and I tend to be slightly anaemic. I have decided to live with it as best I can and cover it up as much as possible.

The idea behind this product is that by using a peach corrector, it helps to neutralize the "blue" under your eye and then you layer a concealer over it. This product by the way is $23 U.S. and is $30 Canadian. That is some mad cheddar for what I think of as half a product. You can not wear this on its own. Trust me, I tried. The peach does blend in well and you can't see the peach colour once you have finished, but it is not enough on its own. I can't explain it, but it looks funny without anything over it. I thought I looked a bit skeletal under the eye if that makes any sense. I guess your skin tone is just not blended looking or something. I do think it helps cover some of the "blue" and I like the formula because it is very creamy and does not crease under your eye. It isn't dry like a lot of under eye products. There are 4 peach correctors in the Bobbi Brown line. I chose the second to lightest as this shade is darker than my skin colour. I think it might be a bit much to go any darker, but if any of you have any experience with this product and the peach colours, let me know. Please see the swatch below of Light Peach.


You don't get a lot of product either. The compact is super small at 0.05 oz. or 1.4g. I have been wearing this product with some of my concealers over it, but the hilarious thing is that I have been very bird brained about something. I actually own a yellow Bobbi Brown concealer which is supposed to be used on top of this product. I haven't used the two together yet! Is that crazy or what? I think I need to have my head examined. Okay, I will try the two together this week and update this post I promise!

I do "get" this product. I will likely purchase this again. I think part of my problem is that I haven't found a yellow concealer that I love. I have a few that are ok (including the yellow Bobbi Brown concealer). Maybe the two together will be the magic formula. Okay, I will suspend a rating judgement on this one until I try both together. Is that fair? I think so. Stay tuned....

**Update: I have been using the corrector and the concealer together for a week or so and yes, they work together well. I would prefer more coverage overall though, but they aren't bad.**

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment