Pages

Monday 1 October 2012

bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 4.0 The Afterparty - Review and Swatches

 
I have been a bad blogger! I am so sorry for my absence. I have a good excuse though...I went to Florida for a little bit and then I went on a cruise! I had a wonderful time. I set up a couple of time delayed blogs during my absence but sadly those ran out last weekend. I promise to make it up to all of you. I have so many products and things to show you and review.
 
Anyway, without further ado, today I am going to review the bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 4.0 palette in The Afterparty. I bought this actually while I was in Florida. I used it a bit on the cruise so I got myself acquainted with it. I struggled for awhile over whether to buy this or not. I mean the colours are pretty generic and I have several dupes at my disposal. I have been really impressed with the quality of these READY palettes, so I gave in. Also, I was in the U.S. and the price is a lot cheaper there so that sealed the deal. This palette is $30 U.S. and is $38 Canadian. With the Canadian dollar worth more than 1 U.S. dollar lately, this was a no brainer. The palette is 5g. The colours are from top to bottom and from left to right, Cheers, Mingle, Rowdy and Lights Down. Please see the swatches below.
 
 
The pigment is very good for all of the colours. My favourite and the most unusual is Rowdy which looks like a dark taupe but it has some red in it so it ends up being a brown berry colour which is very flattering for most people I would think. My least favourite is Mingle. Many people will disagree with me on this one. It is a medium silver and is pigmented like no other silver I have ever come across. You need very little on your brush. My complaint is two fold. First, the colour is too heavy for this palette. A lighter shade of silver would work better in my opinion. Secondly, it looks so thick on, like gun metal. It overpowers the other colours. I had to blend the heck out of it to make it look right. I have a pic below of me wearing the palette. The four colours do look good together when blended correctly and they do blend quite easily. 

 
This is a good palette for makeup lovers who are starting out and it is a good palette for travel or for go to purposes when you want a classic look and want a little punch. It is a solid buy, but I am planning to sub in other silvers to see how that works with it. Cheers, the icy white, is a good colour and the sparkly black, Lights Down, is also solid, but my no means is it my favourite black. Overall though, bareMinerals did a good job.
 
Rating: 8/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment