Pages

Monday 27 October 2014

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Stormy Pink - Review and Swatch



I hadn't bought a MAC Paint Pot in ages. Shameful really. I saw a tutorial with this colour the other day on you tube and I had a gift card so....I bought it. Stormy Pink is not what I thought it was going to be. I expected something a bit more, well, pink. MAC describes Stormy Pink as being a muted grey purple. I would say that is accurate but there is a lot of beige in this colour too. Each Paint Pot is 5g or 0.17 oz. and it retails for $21 U.S. or $25 Canadian.

I am not sure that I like this colour. I was expecting something more pink like I said. When I wore it, I looked terrible. I looked all bruised up like I was in a fight. I must say that I don't think that I wore it with the right eyeshadow combo so my bad there, but I think it would take every trick in my makeup book for me to pull this colour off. I happened to see my Dad the day I wore this and he told me I looked awful and asked me what had I done to my eyes. So there you have it!



I love Paint Pots in general though. I think this is just not the colour for me. But I will make it work somehow if I can. I love that MAC is still putting them in glass. Yeah MAC! Boo plastic! I always found Paint Pots creased on me in the past. Several months ago a MAC Artist was trying to tell me that they don't crease and I told her that I beg to differ. She told me they are now called Pro Longwear Paint Pots but that they are the same formula as before. I can tell you my friends that this new breed of Paint Pot is not the same formula as before. I decided to experiment and live on the edge so I wore Stormy Pink with no eye primer. I have extremely oily lids and nothing is crease-proof on me unless I wear an eyeshadow primer. Well lo and behold I wore Stormy Pink for 8 hours and no creasing! This must be a new formula and let me say that it is a welcome change!

Okay swatch time! Here they are.







Packaging: 10/10  (glass baby!)   
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 9/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 7/10 (cap stays on tight but since it is glass it is heavy)
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10
Would I buy this again? A Paint Pot Yes, Stormy Pink NO!
Overall Rating:  9/10 Paint Pots in General but 4/10 Stormy Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment