Pages

Friday 17 October 2014

deep steep Glossy Smoothing Shampoo - Review



I really wanted to love this shampoo, but alas, I don't. Deep steep products are supposed to be more on the natural side of things and that always appeals to me. Their motto or tagline is "clean, pure, natural". I love the logo. I mean how cute is that little guy? This was my first experience with a deep steep product. I also bought a body lotion which I will review shortly once I have had a chance to try it out.

I bought this for $9.99 Canadian in either Marshalls or Winners. I believe it normally retails for $12.95 U.S. Each tube is 10 oz. or 295ml. Deep steep only appears to have 4 shampoos and of course this is one of them. I was instantly attracted to the name of this shampoo "Glossy Smoothing Shampoo". I mean, who doesn't want nice glossy, smooth hair with brilliant sheen? I do! The tube says it "Reawakens shine and smoothes frizzy unmanageable hair". Sounds good to me!

This shampoo is very liquid. If you open the cap, be prepared for the product to gush out at you. You will loose it all on your shower floor if you are not careful.  The product is pearlized and has a heavy shampoo scent. Can't say I like the scent. The first thing I noticed when I used this is that it tangles my hair up like crazy instantly. I literally have a knotted rat's nest as soon as I work the product in. Combing out my hair afterwards is a total nightmare. I have used this product a number of times, with different conditioners, and the result is always the same. Maybe if I used the deep steep conditioner that goes with this shampoo, I might have better results but I am not so convinced. The little write up on the matching conditioner doesn't say a word about detangling properties.

I would agree that perhaps this shampoo gives my hair some shine and softness but it's no big whoop. I find other shampoos and conditioners do that for me too so I was not overly excited or impressed with this product. As far as taming frizz and fly-aways are concerned, I haven't noticed that this does much, if anything, in that area for me.

Based on my experience with this product I don't think I will likely buy any of their shampoos or conditioners again. I am excited to try the body lotion though so I will let you know how that goes.

Repair for Rough Hair:  5/10
Strength Against Damage:  5/10
Silky Softness:  6/10
Brilliant Shine  6/10
Smoothing:  3/10
Moisture:  7/10
Frizz Control:  3/10
Manageability: 1/10
Tamed Fly-Aways:  4/10
Detangles: 0/10
Smell: 2/10
Price: 8/10
Packaging: 3/10 (product coming flying out of the tube)
Overall Score: 4/10


Bits and Bites
  • I have 3 large palette reviews coming soon and a small palette review
  • The small palette review should be up by the end of the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment