Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

theBalm Smoke Balm Smokey Eye Palette - Review and Swatches


This post was supposed to go up last night, but sadly I only got it done today. Sorry guys!

I recently picked up this small palette for $7.50 U.S. (I think) on Hautelook. It's on Kohl's website for $12 U.S. currently. What a steal! TheBalm's website doesn't appear to be selling it. Strange. I have Set One. There is another similar palette called Set 2 which is more of a nude smokey eye. My set, Set One, is more grey toned and that tends to be my personal preference. The colours I have in Set One are Flame, Spark and Blaze. The total trio is 10.2g or 0.36 oz. which is a very decent amount of product.
 




Flame is basically a champagne colour. It goes on quite sheer, which is a pity because it is a really lovely colour. I can not stress enough how important it is to wear an eyeshadow base under it so that it pops a bit and looks more opague. I like MAC Painterly Paint Pot underneath it, but anything similar or shimmery would do.

Spark is a grey brown. I really like this colour. It's my kind of brown. Not too warm. It blends beautifully and it is a colour I reach for again and again. It's really nice in the crease or to blend out Blaze.

Blaze reminds me a bit of MAC's Black Tied. It's a sparkly black. It's really nice, easy to work well and the pigmentation is magnificent.

The three colours blend together so well and look awesome as a trio. There are a few looks you could do with this to make it suitable for day or night. I wish I would have bought Set Two. Overall, this set is a fantastic buy. Perfect for travel - I am thinking a weekend get away. The quality of this palette for the price is off the charts. One of my most unexpected finds of 2014 for sure!

Swatch time! Sorry if they are a bit fuzzy, my camera was giving me trouble tonight.



Packaging: 10/10  (sleek, compact, pretty and nice mirror)  
Pigmentation: 8/10 (only Flame is lacking, the other two are 10/10)
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 9/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating:  9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment