Pages

Thursday 23 October 2014

Two Products That I Have Changed My Mind About...Sort Of


Wow, these pictures look kind of obscene. I wasn't quite expecting this....sorry

So as some of you might have guessed, I have Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment and Sigma Beauty Eye Shadow Base in Persuade above. When I did reviews on these two products, I basically slammed them. I was not impressed with them upon first impression and even after several uses of both products, they were found wanting. Since the time of those reviews, I have finished the Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment (look for it in my empties this month) and I have put a solid dent into the Sigma Beauty Eye Shadow Base in Persuade.

I will be upfront. Neither or these two products will be repurchases, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due and they managed to redeem themselves a bit. One through a weather condition issue (as I expected) and another through a happy accidental discovery.

Here is the link to my original review on Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment:

http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2014/03/josie-maran-argan-lip-treatment-review.html

Basically, I found that the Josie Maran Lip Treatment slid off of my lips and many mornings after putting it on before bed, I woke up with some seriously chapped lips. I tested this product through this past winter, which was a particularly harsh winter here, and it did not cut the mustard for me. I had to chuck it aside and I debated whether or not to return it to Sephora. I saw some reviews agreeing with my assessment. Yet some bloggers love this stuff. I quickly put two and two together. The bloggers that loved this stuff live in warm climates. I am guessing Josie Maran lives in one too. If she didn't, she would quickly realize that this product is not good enough for a frigid Canadian winter!

Enter Summer 2014. I picked this up and started using it again. Guess what? It did a good job. It didn't slide all over my face (no forced air heating happening in the summer months) too much and I woke up with some still on and my lips moisturized. The jar is still super cute so I will keep it. Bottom line is use this product in the summer months only in cold climates or year around if you live in a warm climate. Don't even think about it if you live in a cold climate during the winter months.

Here is the link to my two reviews (one is on the kit) for the Sigma Beauty Eye Shadow Base in Persuade:

http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2013/04/sigma-beauty-eye-shadow-base-in.html

http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2014/01/sigma-beauty-eye-shadow-base-kit-in.html

To summarize my review of Persuade, I found it to be watery and thin. I wanted something more opaque like MAC's Painterly Paint Pot. Also, it creased like a bitch! Fast forward a few months since my reviews. I decided to use the stuff up. I took it on an overnight business trip and while I was in my hotel bathroom, I dropped the inner cap on the floor. Yuck! I was in a rush to make a train so I put the inner cap in a Kleenex and tucked it away so that I could wash and sanitize it when I got home. Well Alexis got lazy and left that inner cap in a Kleenex for a few weeks in my go away make up bag...I went to use Persuade (that had not had the inner cap in it for weeks) again and the product had hardened up! It was more opaque and it was no longer sheer and watery. Hooray! I have found it much easier to use since, but it still pales in comparison to Painterly. I have washed the inner cap and do put it back in from time to time.

So there you have it! Please let me know if you liked this type of updated product blog. I don't change my mind about a product often, but when I do, I admit it.

Bits and Bites

  • Wearing MAC Stereo Rose a lot this past couple of weeks
  • I also rediscovered my Bite Pepper lipstick
  • I have a Holiday Set to do a Show and Tell on in the next couple of weeks
  • More palette reviews on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment