Pages

Friday 10 October 2014

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II Serum - Review


Yes, I borrowed this picture from the Estee Lauder website. I own a slew of travel sized bottles and I thought the regular sized bottle, which I don't yet own, would be nicer to show. I have been using this product on and off for the past several months at night. In the beginning, I didn't use it consistently at night because frankly, I didn't see any results. I didn't have any bad results, my skin felt soft and moisturized in the morning but that was it.

As this year wore on, my travel or trial sized bottles of this product started multiplying at a rapid rate (sucked in by damn gift with purchase bags) and one day I decided enough was enough and that I should try using it nightly for a few weeks just to see if something happened and so I could do a proper review of this product. My experience with this product has since been a bit strange, but albeit a good one. Essentially, after using it for a few nights (or was it a couple of weeks) in a row, I started noticing that most mornings my skin looked brighter, clearer, rested, hydrated and a bit glowy. Sounds good, no? I think so. The weird part is that even though I see this result most mornings, I don't see it every morning. Bizarre? I think so.

I find that the longer I use it, the more mornings I notice a difference. I would say currently I am batting 8 or 9 mornings out of 10 I see a visible difference. Some nights I only get 5 or 6 hours sleep and on the morning after those nights, I still see a difference, so that says something. I also think it is helping with a tiny fine line that I have (laugh line). My Origins Plantscription has done an excellent job of minimizing this line and practically erasing it, but I find the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum has helped pretty much erase it. It was like the final push the line needed.

My makeup tends to glide on easier after wearing this the night before. You must wash your face though when you wake up as your face may feel a tad greasy. Pillowcases beware! I don't have any dry bits or patches either on my face after using this.

My only wish for this product would be if it would help even out skin tone more (I think it does a little though) and if it helped with the odd blemish, which I don't think it does. Although I have a stash of little bottles that might likely last me well into possibly 2016, I would definitely purchase once my stash runs out. I see Estee Lauder has come out with a new serum that evens out skin tone. Damn, I might have to try that one out too!

As a final note, you need very little of this product to cover your whole face and neck. One tiny travel sized bottle can last me literally 1-2 months if used nightly. The product is $62 U.S. or $72 Canadian for 1 oz. and $92 U.S. or $105 Canadian for 1.7 oz. Worth the money believe it or not.

Packaging: 8/10 
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 9/10
Moisturizing: 10/10
Look of Skin: 9/10
Would I buy this again? YES
Overall Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment