Pages

Tuesday 1 April 2014

theBalm Instain Blushes in Argyle and Toile - Review and Swatches


I bought these two blushes from Hautelook several weeks ago. They retail for $22 U.S. each. I think I paid around $10 or $11 U.S. for each of them. Sometimes I love Hautelook, minus their shipping and handling charges! I got the colours Toile and Argyle. I really wanted Lace and Houndstooth but those shades were already sold out. Typical! I had heard so many good things about these blushes that I thought I would take a chance on well.....all of them! Sadly, I only have 2 of the 6 so far. I normally love anything that theBalm puts out so I figured that this would be a no brainer.

These blushes are described as Long Wearing Staining Powder Blushes. They are potent so I beg of you to use a light hand when applying these, especially the first time so you can get a feel for them.



In both pictures above, Toile is on the left and Argyle is on the right. Toile is described as a strawberry colour and Argyle as a petal pink. Given how potent these are, I would imagine one of these would last you a ridiculously long period of time. Perhaps your lifetime. Each is 6.5g or 0.23 oz. which is value for your money. I have tried to wear Toile over the last few weeks but I am struggling because it is simply too dark for me at the moment. If you have dark skin, this blush would look phenomenal on you! I think I will have to wait until I have a tan this summer to attempt it again. The colour is lovely though.

Argyle is quite pretty and is light enough that I can wear it now at the tail end of winter. These blushes are not super creamy. They are a bit dry but that is not a big deal. They blend well if you blend right away. They are matte, so no shimmer here. The packing is super cute as per usual with theBalm stuff. These blushes are super slim and are ideal for travel in a purse or to take on a vacation. Here are the swatches with Toile on the left and Argyle on the right:


If you like matte blushes, these are a very good choice!

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10 (it is a stain so blend quickly)
Longevity: 10/10 
Texture: 7/10 (a touch dry for my taste)
Price: 10/10 (both on sale and full price)
Ingredients: 8.5/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Hell Yes
Overall Rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. These blushes look cute. I like the colour of Argyle.

    ReplyDelete