Pages

Saturday 19 April 2014

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser - Review


I bought this a couple of months ago at Upper Canada Mall. Apparently, they now have a Kiehl's store. Cool. I have never bought anything from Kiehl's until I made this purchase. One of my faithful readers recommended this product to me so I decided to try this. I am actually quite pleased with it. Some of you who have been following me for awhile know for a bit there I was having serious issues with dry, chapped, irritated, inflamed lips (think I had a serious allergic reaction to a facial soap). Anyway, I had the problem off and on this past winter, but it was no where near as bad as it was the winter before when the problem started. Ever since I started using this product I haven't any lip issues. They are back to normal. Yeah! I also moved my vaporizer into my bedroom at night so I think that helped too.

This is a foamy, white cleanser. It really lathers so you need very little. It is also non-drying which is nice, especially in winter. I find it takes off the bulk of my makeup and cleans my face quite well with one use. I frequently take it into the shower with me when I am in rush. If I wash my face with it twice, almost all dirt, oil and makeup is gone from my face. I am still getting blemishes, but they seem to be fewer, smaller and disappear faster since I started using this. I am not sure how "deep down" in the skin this product goes as far as ridding it of impurities is concerned, but I think this product would be fantastic to use with a Clarisonic. I must get one of those...

I don't find that this product does anything to shrink my pores. The Boscia cleanser that I was using before this did, so I am noticing now that the Kiehl's doesn't offer the same benefit. Kiehl's probably has a product that does that though. Must do some research....

This product has very little smell which I like. I have been using this twice a day for almost two months and I don't think I have even used 1/5 of the tube. You definitely get your money's worth. Speaking of money, I paid $25 Canadian for this. Given the amount that you get, 150ml, it was well worth the price. If you are looking for something gentle that cleans your face quite well, this may be for you.

Packaging: 8/10 (the label is loose and crinkly)
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10  
Travel Worthy: 7/10 (it's a bit big for travel but you could put some in a small container)
Deep Cleans: 8/10
Moisturizing: 7/10
Comfortable/Softening: 8/10
Smell: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yes!!!    
Overall Rating: 8.5/10 

5 comments:

  1. I really like foamy cleansers. They're so much fun to use. Glad this one worked well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, this one is off the charts foamy!

      Delete
  2. OOO i just got a deluxe sample of this and now i can't wait to try it out!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you buy Kiehls again or are you going to stick with boscia? I have tried Mario badescu and am now trying Brightening cleanser by L'Occitane I am having a love hate relationship with cleansers and my face. Thanks in advance for advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may stick with the Kiehl's or at least keep this in my regular rotation. L'Occitane makes some great products though so I might have to try that somewhere along the line. I don't think I will go back to the Boscia because all it did was soften my skin and shrink the look of my pores. I find it didn't clean very well.

      Delete