Pages

Saturday 5 April 2014

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo in Violet and Palomino - Review and Swatches


I have been keeping my light under a bushel so to speak for the past few months. Well not really, since most people who are into makeup already know about the hype over Bite Beauty lipsticks. I now own 5 and I will own more....these are fantastic. Words cannot begin to describe how great these truly are. They are super pigmented and ridiculously creamy. They also stay put. No bleeding, no feathering. They are long lasting and are extremely mositurizing. They feel like butter on and don't move around on your lips. If that wasn't enough, they also are made with awesome, safe ingredients! Food-grade ingredients! You could eat these...but you shouldn't. Is there anything more that I could ask for in a lipstick???? I think not.

I bought one of the two Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick Duos that Bite carries. I went for the bold coloured one. The other one is more neutral and I think I will likely go ahead and pick that one up too! The two colours I got were Violet and Palomino. Both are part of Bite's permanent lipstick line. This duo was $15 Canadian or $12 U.S. If budget is an issue, buying one of these two duos is an excellent way to get your hands on some Bite Beauty for a fraction of the usual cost. Each of these two lipsticks is 0.05 oz. The regular size is 0.13 oz. and are $28 Canadian each or $24 U.S. Even full price, they are worth every damned penny.  Here are some swatches:



Just look at how vibrant and beautiful those colours are! Palomino is on the left and Violet is on the right. Before Bite lipsticks, Elizabeth Arden and NARS made my favourite lipsticks, but now Bite has moved into the top spot. I will show you my other 3 Bite lipsticks in my next post. I recently wore out Palomino to a big dinner. Afterwards, I noticed that I still had a lot of lipstick on but it was a fit faded. I put some gloss over it and it was like the lipstick reappeared as a full coat again! It went on moisturizing for the rest of the night! Phenomenal stuff! There isn't much else to say. You've got to try these! Violet is my favourite of the two.

Here is Palomino:



Here's Violet:



Don't even think about buying a drug store lipstick, likely loaded with cheap ingredients, when you can get these two colours or the more neutral Bite duo for this price!

I like the packaging personally - sleek and satiny. Some people may find it drab but the tubes are solid and are well made. The lids do seem to snap closed very well which is important.

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 15/10 (is that possible?)
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10 (worth every penny though)
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? IN A HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!!!
Overall Rating: 10/10 (Best Product so far of the Year)

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a beautiful duo!
    I just picked up the Bite Cashmere lip cream yesterday, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are truly gorgeous Jasmine! Let me know how you like your purchase.

      Delete