Pages

Monday 28 April 2014

IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream in Light - Review and Swatch


I am not one of those girls who leaves the house without makeup on. By that, I mean foundation or at least cover-up and powder. Yes, call me vain, I don't care. I have no issue being seen without mascara, lipstick, eyeliner or eye shadow. Not that I look great without those things, but my skin is what concerns me most. I have never had great skin. The rest of my family has fantastic skin....that is just the way it goes I guess.

I usually don't wear makeup around the house though. I'm not that crazy. However, I would like to pop to the store, go for a walk etc. without having to put foundation on. For years, I have tried tinted moisturizers, now the BB and CC creams, and they just don't cut it on its own for my taste. I have heard a lot of bloggers waxing poetic about this new IT Cosmetics product, so I had to try it.


I got the shade Light. I would say if you are light or light to medium skinned, you could use this colour. When I first put it on, it looks a bit too light and too yellow on me, all at the same time. Once I work it in, it looks great, just like my skin colour. It's as if it adjusts to my skin tone somehow. This is the best CC cream that I have tried. If my skin is looking good, I can get away with wearing this alone. If my skin has any blemishes or problem areas, this product alone is not going to cut it. You will need to put some cover-up on over those areas. It is not full coverage enough for me when my skin isn't looking all that hot. Some bloggers have said as much so I wasn't totally shocked. The coverage in your non-blemished areas though is excellent.



On the picture above, I have the Light shade blended out on the left side of the dollop of product. It looks a tad dark for the inside of my arm, but hey it's still winter here so I have little colour at the moment. Otherwise, I think it blends it well. Where was I? Oh yeah. This product is very comfortable to wear. It's an anti-aging serum, moisturizer, foundation and CC cream all in one. You could totally skip the mositurizer if you wish when you wear this. I have done both - skipped the moisturizer and used it underneath this product. Both work for me. I have oily skin with some combination areas by the way.

This product looks really nice on the skin (in your non-problem areas). Very luminous. I think it will be especially nice for the summer. If you hate foundation, but need some medium coverage, I would recommend giving this a try. Inside the lid is a pump which so far works well for me. It does get messy in there though. In the picture below, I have the blended out product on the bottom of the dollop.


I like the way this product glides over my skin. I use my fingers, but you could use a brush too. I just find that fingers work really well with this product. Overall, I like the packaging, but the label is already lifting on the back of it. I am concerned that this tube won't last me very long. I will get back to you on that when I finish it off. I bought this on TSC (The Shopping Channel) about 6 or 7 weeks ago when It Cosmetics was having a sale. I think I paid around $49 Canadian for it and it came with a nice big brush (which I will use for other things) and a lip gloss and a tightline mascara thingy. I will do reviews on those in due course. I think that was a good deal considering everything that I got. This tube is 32ml or 1.08 oz.

Below is a picture of me wearing the product. This pic was on another blog post about a mascara from a few weeks ago. I was wearing the product though in the pic. I am sorry it only shows part of my face. In this pic, I had no cover-up on over the product. I think it is a good example of how nice this product looks. Sorry about the curlers!


I would definitely buy this CC+ cream again.

Packaging: 8/10  (the pump is messy but handy - the mess stays in the tube/lid though)  
Pigmentation: 7.5/10 
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Texture: 10/10 
Price: 7.5/10 (on its own)
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 7.5/10 (only because it is not full coverage)  
Would I buy this again? Yes Indeed
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment