Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

Formula X for Sephora Nail Polish in Thrilling and Meteoric - Review and Swatches


A few months back Tiffany D was wearing Thrilling and Meteoric on her nails for one of her videos. I don't fall in love with nail polish easily (despite my vast collection ahem...) but I was instantly intoxicated with those two colours. So I hopped on Sephora.com and ordered them stat. I finally got around to wearing them this past week. I don't do my finger nails very often and I only usually bother with my toes from Spring to Fall. Now that I am wearing these colours, I am more in love with them. Thrilling is one of Formula X's New Neutrals Nail Colors and is described as cloud grey. I think it has a bit of purple or lilac in it so it isn't blah at all. It's also kind of taupe. It's $13.00 Canadian or $10.50 U.S.


Here is the "swatch". I have Meteoric on my ring finger for a bit of pizazz. I have already had a number of compliments on these nail polishes. One of the reasons that I seldom do my finger nails is because nail polish doesn't last on them more than 1 day before it chips on me. Doesn't matter if I do my mails myself or I get a professional expensive manicure. I happily pay for a pedicure because they last a while on me, but manicure, forget it. Total waste of money for me. Last time I got a professional manicure was 6 years ago for a family wedding. I swore that would likely be the last time I paid for a manicure. One day and chip city.

I work all day typing on a computer and then when I am home I am doing laundry, washing dishes, cooking, cleaning, showering etc. I am not a lady of leisure. My nails go through hell. "What is the point Alexis?", you are likely now thinking. "Get back to the damn review already!"

Ok, ok. My point is that lo and behold I have had this nail polish on for a couple of days now and shock of the century, no chips!!! I know people have been extolling the virtues of these Formula X nail polishes, and I hate to say it, but they are actually worth the hype! Not one chip, not one crack!


Back to Meteoric. It is an Effects Top Coat or Transformers Top Coat. It retails for $12.50 U.S. or $15 Canadian. It is described as having black, white and rainbow glitter. So pretty! Even my husband likes my nails! The formula of both of  these is super easy to work with and very little streakiness issues to worry about. I love my O.P.I. but the formula of these Formula X numbers is superior. I have one other Formula X colour which I got for free from Sephora as a promotion back around Christmas time. Will have to try that one out too one of these days. I would definitely buy more Formula X!

Just as an FYI, I also used butter London's Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat (which I have mixed feelings about and will do a full review on soon) and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10 
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of nude shades, but this is pretty. I really like the top glitter coat you used.

    ReplyDelete