Wednesday, 30 April 2014
April 2014 Empties!
I thought I was going to have a TON of empties this month. Sadly, it was not so. I am on the tail end of so many products, it is not funny. May Empties should be epic...I got a basket for my empties so that they aren't crashing around in the bathroom. Also, this way, I am less tempted to chuck them before I do my empties post. I keep this basket under my makeup table for ease.
Oh, a quick note. I have decided that I am not going to bother to show you guys toothpaste, deodorant, contact lens solution, hand soap or bar soap unless it is something I bought at Sephora or Lush or perhaps was an unusual or exceptional item. I am sure most of you are fine with that. That stuff can be a yawn.
Okay let's dive in with no particular order:
1. Klorane Soothing Make-Up Remover Lotion with Cornflower Water - This is often in my empties. Love this product. Very effective yet crazily gentle. Love the top pump action. I have a full blog review on this product. Replacement already purchased and in use.
2. Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion - I also have a full blog review on this product too. I really liked this lotion. The smell got a bit old on me near the end, but I would repurchase (in a little while). It's very moisturizing and soothing. The effects and hydration just last and last.
3. Wen Sweet Almond Mint Styling Crème - I have gone through a few of these. Don't love the product per se, it's just ok. The product doesn't give me the hold I crave and doesn't give me the softness and frizz control that I need. It works in a pinch though. I have a ton of this stuff because I am on Wen's repeat mail order list....must cancel that. I have more Wen products in my cupboard than I care to comment on. I think I need to start selling some of this stash.
4. Eos Hand Lotion in Berry Blossom - I was sent this as a promotional item. It has been in my purse for several months, if not a year??? I liked the formula but not this particular scent. This shape and size was perfect for my purse. The lid stays closed. No leaks. I would buy another scent and pop it in my purse for sure. They are a bit pricey though at around $6 each (and it's small).
5. Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream - My holy grail. Gone through countless numbers of these. Full review is on my blog. Replacement already purchased and in use.
6. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance - I just love this primer so much more than all of the ones I have tried. This was a small travel size that I got for free from Sephora. It lasted me for quite some time. I have purchased the regular size already and it is in use. This helps hide blemishes and gives my skin a crazy glow under my foundation. Makes my foundation look fresh all day.
7. St. Ives Daily Hydrating Hand Cream Vitamin E - This was ok. No big whoop. It has sat on my desk at work for months. Took it on an overnight trip or two along the way. Likely will not repurchase.
8. MAC Eye Shadow in Shroom - This is one of my favourite eye shadows period. I have gone through a few of these in my day. Will be repurchasing very soon. This will be part of a Back to MAC blog which will hopefully be up shortly (just need to finish one more product...).
9. Aquafina Flavor Splash Lip Balm - What the hell is this? I said that when I bought this and then again now. I bought 3 of these as a set at a dollar store when I was killing time at a strip plaza before I had to be somewhere nearby. I have no idea where the other two went and I have never used them. I see these now at the checkout counter at Wal-Mart. This is a very minty lip balm that comes off in chunks. It does moisturize but it slides right off of my lips and it gathers up around my entire lip line. Not pretty but decided to use this up when I was bumming around the house. Will not repurchase.
10. MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing - Last, and in this case, certainly least. This was one of the worst MAC products ever...I bought this quite some time ago. The pigmentation was horrible. This creased and absorbed into my eyelid even with primer. Very hard to work with an so not creamy. Waste of money. Glad there is Back to MAC and this will be part of my latest batch to return. Oh and the product got crumbly and dry. It's like a twig right now. You can break it like chalk...
So that's it. Hope you enjoyed my latest "Empties" instalment. I promise to have more exciting items next month!