Pages

Thursday 3 April 2014

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipsticks in N9 Copper Pink and N45 Red - Review and Swatches


I don't own many Make Up For Ever (MUFE) products. Maybe I should? Well I have two of their lipsticks in a mini format and that is what I am going to share with you today. I have two of the Rouge Artist Natural Lipsticks in N9 Copper Pink and N45 Red. One came from the Sephora birthday gift thing, and the other I think I got with some Sephora points awhile back.  I have to say that I was shocked with the formula of these. They are really creamy and moisturizing. They feel great on. I would totally recommend this formula for the winter months.


OMG I am such an idiot! I just realized that the one on the left I photographed upside down! That isn't 6N, it's N9 I swear! It took me 20 takes to get the shot as clear as I did so I apologize for the end result. Anyway, N9 is described as a Copper Pink. I would say that is fair and accurate. It's a beige pink basically. The colour is nice, very matte but a bit too neutral for my personal taste. Lots of people would love this colour though. If you like MAC's Twig or Milani's Pretty Natural, this will be right up your alley.

 
N45 Red is on the left and N9 Copper Pink is on the right.

As for N45 Red, this is like no red lipstick that I have ever owned. Most red lipsticks are either blue reds or orange reds. I like and look best in blue reds for the record. N45 is a pink red. It's loud but not crazy. It is also really sheer. I personally like my red lipsticks to be either matte or satin, not sheer. This one threw me for a loop. I have had a number of compliments on this colour though. I would recommend wearing this colour with a lip liner so that it appears less sheer and stays in place.

Here are the swatches: N45 Red is on the left and N9 Copper Pink is on the right.


I find these do stain the lips. For some people that is good thing, for others not so much. Although they are long lasting, I would recommend touch-ups throughout the day so that the "stain" doesn't look funny when your lipstick does eventually wear off. I don't find these to be goopey which is great. I would definitely consider picking up a full size version of a MUFE lipstick now that I have tried these. They are $23 Canadian and $20 U.S. For a lipstick in Sephora, that isn't such a bad price!

Packaging: 6/10
Pigmentation: 10/10 (N9) and 7/10 (N45)
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8.5/10
Would I buy this again? YES
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment