Pages

Sunday 24 March 2013

Urban Decay Feminine Palette - Review and Swatches


Hello! Today I am going to review the Urban Decay Feminine Palette. There is also a UD Dangerous and UD Fun palette that is in the same format and product line as this palette. I bought this at Sephora and in my mind, this was the best looking one of the three. There are 6 eyeshadows in here and a mini Lip Junkie lip gloss in Wallflower which I have nearly finished already.



The eyeshadow colours are Bordello, Skimp, AC/DC, Gunmetal, Hijack and Lost. If I am not mistaken, all of these colours are from their permanent eyeshadow line except Skimp. The palette is $40 Canadian and $36 U.S. Considering an individual UD eyeshadow is $18 U.S. and $22 Canadian, this is a good deal if you like most or all of these colours. Each eyeshadow in the palette is 0.3 oz. and the individual eyeshadows that UD sells are 0.05 oz. Sometimes I find Urban Decay palettes to be a bit hit and sometimes a miss, but I have to say I love this one. I like every single colour in here. Some of them look good together and they all blend really nicely. UD has really upped their game. These colours are colourful, but what I like about them is that they are wearable, even during the day.

 
 
Bordello, AC/DC and Lost look great together. All of the eyeshadows are smooth, creamy and are quite pigmented with the exception of Skimp. Looking at Skimp in the palette, I thought to myself that it would be a dud, but it actually works well with all of the colours in here and it transfers better to the eye than it did on the swatch on my arm below. I am not saying I would run out and buy Skimp if it was available on its own, but it has a nice place in this palette. I love the Lip Junkie Wallflower colour and product which is a creamy nude pink. They are so moisturizing and comfortable. It gives off a great glossy look and the ingredient list for the Lip Junkie and this palette is not bad at all.
 
 
 
The colours are from left to right and from top to bottom - Bordello, Skimp, AC/DC, Gunmetal, Hijack and Lost. As you can see, Skimp is a bit lacking in pigment on my arm. Overall, I am really happy with this palette and the packaging is super sleek and cute. Excellent work UD!
 
Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 9/10 (no issues except with Skimp)
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 9/10 (Skimp is a tiny bit gritty)
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yes
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment